Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phnom Penh Restaurants [Was Finding a “Lost” Restaurant in Phnom Penh]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:32 am
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Also, speaking of overtourism in Cambodia, I visited a combination of maybe 10 major and minor sites and came across exactly one foreigner (at Banteay Chhmar). This included the Siem Reap immediate area. I plan to write it up once I go through the photos.

There are plenty of places to go in Cambodia that aren't wall to wall people.
--
Rich
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:07 am

Malis restaurant

Malis restaurant. It was expensive but good.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:12 am

I would recommend malis restaurant.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by olivrate
Originally Posted by Jhonnybuzz
I would recommend malis restaurant.
I recommend them too (the one in PNH and the one in REP)
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:12 pm
rjh

Originally Posted by olivrate
Understanding that everyone's tastes are different, I'd compare Khmer Women Food (great name ) and Souvanna I or II in the same area favorably with Malis. Not the same ambience, for sure, but also not the same expense. Mostly locals at Souvanna.

Lots of people like Romdeng, but about 100% foreigners. Staff like to let the big spiders loose to scare the customers. Grab (SEAsian Uber) should cost maybe $1 to most of these.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by rjh
SNIP
Lots of people like Romdeng, but about 100% foreigners. Staff like to let the big spiders loose to scare the customers.
Getting the photos of the live spider crawling up my arm was a highlight of my trip. I ate it afterwards.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
On topic: I would recommend Friends in PP. Street kids learning a skill and great food

Off topic: About 11+ years ago I had Beng Mealea to myself. Well the guides and myself. I was a bit naive so when one of the little kids offered a "real" tour, I followed. A year or so later I watched Life After People and saw how naive I really was crawling around in areas with all sorts of biting things. The show noted that at one point, there were tigers living in the ruins (it's on youtube S01E03 30:35 point-ish to start Cambodia temples, Beng Mealea 33:30 ish 37:40 ish tigers at Beng Mealea).

Last edited by thegrailer; Jul 20, 2019 at 5:47 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:08 pm
rjh

Originally Posted by thegrailer
On topic: I would recommend Friends in PP. Street kids learning a skill and great food
The adjoining Friends N Stuff store is good for Cambodian made touristy stuff. They sell this cool T shirt that will make you a hit at your local Thai restaurant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.