Best countries to visit in Central Asia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best countries to visit in Central Asia

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2019, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Bonaturtle
Tajik better with nature than Kyrgyzstan? I'll only visit Khujand so guess I won't see much.
You’d be surprised! I did a day trip from Tashkent and had a great time.

The road from the border to Khujand has some great views (the landscape was very different to the Uzbek side) and a few interesting Soviet Mosaics en-route.

Khujand itself was an interesting place with a beautiful setting - near the indoor market you can see arid mountains in the background, there’s interesting mosaics at Somoni Park and a Lenin Statue not to far away (I think it used to be in Somoni Park but was moved).

The cable car may even be running now too!
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:29 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1MM, Global Entry, UA GLD, TSA PRE
Originally Posted by B7474U3
You’d be surprised! I did a day trip from Tashkent and had a great time.

The road from the border to Khujand has some great views (the landscape was very different to the Uzbek side) and a few interesting Soviet Mosaics en-route.

Khujand itself was an interesting place with a beautiful setting - near the indoor market you can see arid mountains in the background, there’s interesting mosaics at Somoni Park and a Lenin Statue not to far away (I think it used to be in Somoni Park but was moved).

The cable car may even be running now too!
Cool, I'm doing the day trip from Tashkent in a couple weeks, so I'll look out for all of that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.