Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Best way to fly back from Male to SFO with a stopover on points?

Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I would love some advice on the best way to fly back from the Maldives to SFO in April next year. I was lucky enough to grab 7 nights at the WA Maldives on points for late March 2023, and just booked business class seats for the two of us on Singapore Air with a 5 day stopover in Singapore on our way to the Maldives.

I'm trying to decide the best way to get back. We would like to also book business/first class for the return. I had initially planned to do Emirates with a stopover in Dubai, but I've just realized that it will be Ramadan when we're there (flight back would be March 30), so I'm not sure if that's the best time to visit given the additional restrictions regarding eating during the day, etc. We could of course still do Emirates and not stop, but we were hoping to stop somewhere else on the way home if possible. I was looking into Cathay Pacific to stop in Hong Kong, but it seems they've stopped flying to Malé since the pandemic hit. Unfortunately, I don't have any AA miles.

Any advice for the best route back? Here are the points I have:
  • 450k Chase UR
  • 250k Amex MR
  • 90k Citi ThankYou
  • 130k United Miles
Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2022, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Sri Lankan (UL) flies MLE-CMB and CMB to several Asian airports. If partner awards are available, you should be able to secure them with any oneworld FFP -- but watch out for carrier surcharges.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:18 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
See how the biz class cash fares are ex-CMB. MLE-CMB should be easy to do using avios or ca$h.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.