Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

CGK-PLM transit in 100 minutes possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone,
my wife and our two children will be landing in CGK at 3.40pm with Emirates. they want to get to Palembang as soon as possible that same day. Very strange: GA`s LAST flight to PLM on that day (friday!!) is at 5.20pm. even taking Batik or Citylink they would have to wait until 9.30pm!! Lion is not an option. Also for Srivijaya they would have to change Terminal. But 100 minutes to clear imigration and luggage drop in time...would anybody encourage us to do so?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by Reihan
Hi everyone,
my wife and our two children will be landing in CGK at 3.40pm with Emirates. they want to get to Palembang as soon as possible that same day. Very strange: GA`s LAST flight to PLM on that day (friday!!) is at 5.20pm. even taking Batik or Citylink they would have to wait until 9.30pm!! Lion is not an option. Also for Srivijaya they would have to change Terminal. But 100 minutes to clear imigration and luggage drop in time...would anybody encourage us to do so?
Mmm, not impossible but you're at risk. Not sure now about situation at T3 as Emirates just moved there from T2. Last time I tried this was still at T2, arrived with same EK flight, on time, connection to SOC at 17,35 with Sriwijaya, many flights arrived at same time, lines at custom and waiting time for luggage were horrendous, luckily I could make it only due to one hour delay of SOC flight. I would consider a plan B, if you want ti avoid Lion Group go for Citilink, now there is skytrain to move from T3 to T1.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:47 am

yeah, GA aircraft utilization is a long way off to be optimum.

it's doable when the incoming flight is not delayed but 100 minutes with different PNR is always a risk.
moreover it is a long long walk in T3 from disembarking the EK aircraft - immigration - collecting the baggage - checking in GA flight - your gate of GA flight.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:02 am
Original Poster

thank you, that was VERY helpful, we decided now to choose the latest plane - 4 hrs layover means looking for a good waiting lounge...google says 44 USD for Citilink per Person, even per child...that is not our buget...

ANY better options? suggestions?
Thank you for taking the effort to repy,
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:52 am

I recommend verifying the Google information, 44 USD is an absolute exaggeration for a Lounge in Indonesia even more a domestic one. Citilink is now operating from T2, as far as I know there isn't a Citilink dedicated lounge at CGK, only at Halim. I do not have experience in T2 domestic lounge as I only use it for international, for a comparison, Jas Premier lounge access is sold to intl guests at less than 20 USD and is the best one at T2 (but nothing to write home about), additionally child up to 5 years are admitted for free.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Reihan
...4 hrs layover means looking for a good waiting lounge...google says 44 USD for Citilink per Person, even per child...that is not our buget...

ANY better options? suggestions?
Not sure which credit cards you have, but certain cards cover lounge privileges. You may want to dig into Airport Lounges Forum, where you'll get more info & input about lounge access.

Welcome to FT!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by BobFF68
I recommend verifying the Google information, 44 USD is an absolute exaggeration for a Lounge in Indonesia even more a domestic one. Citilink is now operating from T2, as far as I know there isn't a Citilink dedicated lounge at CGK, only at Halim. I do not have experience in T2 domestic lounge as I only use it for international, for a comparison, Jas Premier lounge access is sold to intl guests at less than 20 USD and is the best one at T2 (but nothing to write home about), additionally child up to 5 years are admitted for free.
My recent Citilink flight still departed from terminal 1C, are you sure now its moved to T2?

Lounge wise, spot on. I think most lounge entry fee is around 100-150k rupiah (8-12 usd) in CGK
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by blueferrari
My recent Citilink flight still departed from terminal 1C, are you sure now its moved to T2?

Lounge wise, spot on. I think most lounge entry fee is around 100-150k rupiah (8-12 usd) in CGK
Oh yes, sorry, my bad, I may be confused with Batik that moved different flights to T2 while Citilink still at 1C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.