Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

CGK-PLM transit in 100 minutes possible?

CGK-PLM transit in 100 minutes possible?

Reply

Old Jan 10, 19, 3:36 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
CGK-PLM transit in 100 minutes possible?

Hi everyone,
my wife and our two children will be landing in CGK at 3.40pm with Emirates. they want to get to Palembang as soon as possible that same day. Very strange: GA`s LAST flight to PLM on that day (friday!!) is at 5.20pm. even taking Batik or Citylink they would have to wait until 9.30pm!! Lion is not an option. Also for Srivijaya they would have to change Terminal. But 100 minutes to clear imigration and luggage drop in time...would anybody encourage us to do so?
Reihan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 19, 8:41 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: CGK, MXP
Programs: EY Guest Gold, QR Burgundy, EK Blue, LH M&M, SQ Krisflyer
Posts: 132
Originally Posted by Reihan View Post
Hi everyone,
my wife and our two children will be landing in CGK at 3.40pm with Emirates. they want to get to Palembang as soon as possible that same day. Very strange: GA`s LAST flight to PLM on that day (friday!!) is at 5.20pm. even taking Batik or Citylink they would have to wait until 9.30pm!! Lion is not an option. Also for Srivijaya they would have to change Terminal. But 100 minutes to clear imigration and luggage drop in time...would anybody encourage us to do so?
Mmm, not impossible but you're at risk. Not sure now about situation at T3 as Emirates just moved there from T2. Last time I tried this was still at T2, arrived with same EK flight, on time, connection to SOC at 17,35 with Sriwijaya, many flights arrived at same time, lines at custom and waiting time for luggage were horrendous, luckily I could make it only due to one hour delay of SOC flight. I would consider a plan B, if you want ti avoid Lion Group go for Citilink, now there is skytrain to move from T3 to T1.
BobFF68 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 19, 3:47 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 325
yeah, GA aircraft utilization is a long way off to be optimum.

it's doable when the incoming flight is not delayed but 100 minutes with different PNR is always a risk.
moreover it is a long long walk in T3 from disembarking the EK aircraft - immigration - collecting the baggage - checking in GA flight - your gate of GA flight.
blueferrari is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 19, 4:02 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
thank you, that was VERY helpful, we decided now to choose the latest plane - 4 hrs layover means looking for a good waiting lounge...google says 44 USD for Citilink per Person, even per child...that is not our buget...

ANY better options? suggestions?
Thank you for taking the effort to repy,
Reihan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 1:52 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: CGK, MXP
Programs: EY Guest Gold, QR Burgundy, EK Blue, LH M&M, SQ Krisflyer
Posts: 132
I recommend verifying the Google information, 44 USD is an absolute exaggeration for a Lounge in Indonesia even more a domestic one. Citilink is now operating from T2, as far as I know there isn't a Citilink dedicated lounge at CGK, only at Halim. I do not have experience in T2 domestic lounge as I only use it for international, for a comparison, Jas Premier lounge access is sold to intl guests at less than 20 USD and is the best one at T2 (but nothing to write home about), additionally child up to 5 years are admitted for free.
BobFF68 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 6:31 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Home
Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Posts: 7,613
Originally Posted by Reihan View Post
...4 hrs layover means looking for a good waiting lounge...google says 44 USD for Citilink per Person, even per child...that is not our buget...

ANY better options? suggestions?
Not sure which credit cards you have, but certain cards cover lounge privileges. You may want to dig into Airport Lounges Forum, where you'll get more info & input about lounge access.

Welcome to FT!
lin821 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 19, 2:01 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 325
Originally Posted by BobFF68 View Post
I recommend verifying the Google information, 44 USD is an absolute exaggeration for a Lounge in Indonesia even more a domestic one. Citilink is now operating from T2, as far as I know there isn't a Citilink dedicated lounge at CGK, only at Halim. I do not have experience in T2 domestic lounge as I only use it for international, for a comparison, Jas Premier lounge access is sold to intl guests at less than 20 USD and is the best one at T2 (but nothing to write home about), additionally child up to 5 years are admitted for free.
My recent Citilink flight still departed from terminal 1C, are you sure now its moved to T2?

Lounge wise, spot on. I think most lounge entry fee is around 100-150k rupiah (8-12 usd) in CGK
blueferrari is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 19, 8:47 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: CGK, MXP
Programs: EY Guest Gold, QR Burgundy, EK Blue, LH M&M, SQ Krisflyer
Posts: 132
Originally Posted by blueferrari View Post
My recent Citilink flight still departed from terminal 1C, are you sure now its moved to T2?

Lounge wise, spot on. I think most lounge entry fee is around 100-150k rupiah (8-12 usd) in CGK
Oh yes, sorry, my bad, I may be confused with Batik that moved different flights to T2 while Citilink still at 1C.
BobFF68 is online now  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: