Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Transit CGK Lion Air and Batik Air / domestic to intl

Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Hello guys,

I am looking at flights from Lombok to Singapore. My two options are Lion air or Batik Air via CGK. no nonstop flight that day, Garuda is too expensive.

I know about potential issues especially regarding punctuality with Lion Air, but my question is the following:

They both offer an official connection on their website in 1 ticket with 1h10min la over in CGK. Anyone did this? How can this even work?
I understand I arrive at Terminal 1 and need to go to Terminal 2. Normally this would be going airside and take the free airport bus, recheck security over there and so on...

Has anyone done this before? Will Batik Air do some kind of airside arrangement for this? And also, since this is domestic to Intl, will bags be checked through?

I will probably take the option with a 4 hours layover but still I am very interested in knowing if anyone did this in one ticket with one of those airlines and what their experience was.

Thanks a lot
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Reifel
Hello guys,

I am looking at flights from Lombok to Singapore. My two options are Lion air or Batik Air via CGK. no nonstop flight that day, Garuda is too expensive.

I know about potential issues especially regarding punctuality with Lion Air, but my question is the following:

They both offer an official connection on their website in 1 ticket with 1h10min la over in CGK. Anyone did this? How can this even work?
I understand I arrive at Terminal 1 and need to go to Terminal 2. Normally this would be going airside and take the free airport bus, recheck security over there and so on...

Has anyone done this before? Will Batik Air do some kind of airside arrangement for this? And also, since this is domestic to Intl, will bags be checked through?

I will probably take the option with a 4 hours layover but still I am very interested in knowing if anyone did this in one ticket with one of those airlines and what their experience was.

Thanks a lot
I think you might want to check which terminals are used by Batik. I believe it's T2. So maybe you can avoid terminal shifts.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I think you might want to check which terminals are used by Batik. I believe it's T2. So maybe you can avoid terminal shifts.
Thanks Ian,

I had difficulties to find it. Looked at the arrivals and departure boards in the CGK website and it shows the gates... It Unfortunately seems to be terminal in for Lombok and terminal 2 for Singapore, both for lion and batik air
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:56 am

Batik is in CGK Terminal 1C (domestic) and 2E (intl) afaik. Either use free shuttle bus or the skytrain to T2.

I'd rather not to take the 1h10min connections though. Maybe in this situation, separate booking can be useful to create longer transit time.

Last edited by blueferrari; Oct 14, 2018 at 3:02 am
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Just as a feedback regarding this:

I took the lion air flight from Lombok via CGK to SIN. 2h40mna transfer time.

In Lombok I received both boarding passes and bags were checked through to Singapore.

Arrived in CGK terminal 1A and had to exit the terminal completely. Now there is a people mover train that connects the terminals landside. Was clearly indicated by signage. Not sure if the bus is discontinued. Still from 1A its 5 to 10 minutes walk to the station, and the train only runs once every 10 minutes. Arrived in terminal 2 for the connecting flight to Singapore it requires to pass security to enter the terminal, immigration of course and security check. In total it took approx 45 minutes I would say. It's OK for a one time thing but it's super inconvenient and if I would need to travel like this more often I would probably choose a company which has a more seemless transfer arrangement.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.