Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Vietnam E-Visa - questions

Old Oct 7, 18, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

We are leaving in late december - for the e-visa, can we come in to Hanoi and leave through Danang? Also- the picture (portrait) we upload- does it have to be professional or can we take it with our phones?

I had read that at a travel blogger's website (picture).
Old Oct 10, 18, 1:09 pm

Can enter in one airport and leave via another airport.

For photo, I don't know for sure but I think as long as it has a white background and looks professional it doesn't matter who takes it or what type of camera. I have used phone pics and printed on photo paper for the VOA.
Old Oct 11, 18, 10:17 am

Programs: most of them
my guess is that as long as the photo meets the requirements for size, resolution, view, background (or whatever) it shouldn't matter what kind of camera you use. Since you're submitting a digital file they don't know or care what sort of camera or photographer was involved.
Old Jan 28, 19, 9:46 am

Programs: Air: UA *S, WN CP | Hotels - Gold: Choice, CC, & HH; Hotels - Amb: Marriott
Edit: My e-visa has been approved. It took just about 8 days. So, I have my own answer to below.

Mrs. FindAWay's e-visa application was submitted 15 minutes before mine and she received her approval after only a day or two. However, mine remains "in processing."

Sorry to hijack an existing thread, but, the title seemed appropriate and I'm not sure my question merited a new thread.

Last edited by FindAWay; Jan 29, 19 at 9:38 am
Old Jan 31, 19, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond
I used a travel photo where my face was about 80% of the area and the Drakensburg mountains in the rest. There are a number of online sites that area free where you can crop a photo to passport size.

Also note, you need both the info page and signature page in the area for the passport photo.
Old Feb 11, 19, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXE Plantinum, DL Sky Member,Hilton Diamond,Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,Avis President Club
I have applied for E-Visa 10 day back and its still says in process. Can we visit when e-Visa is still in process and they will grant at airport based on E-Visa or new visa will be granted or its not allowed to travel without E-Visa approved
Old Feb 11, 19, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by rajhyd99 View Post
I have applied for E-Visa 10 day back and its still says in process. Can we visit when e-Visa is still in process and they will grant at airport based on E-Visa or new visa will be granted or its not allowed to travel without E-Visa approved
The last ten days has coincided with the Tet vacation. Most likely it has been delayed due to the holiday. As far as I know, the visa must be issued before you get there for immigration purposes. However, because the airlines need to see you can enter the country, in effect you have to have it at the airport for the airline to let you board the flight. When is your trip? Worst case is you get VOA if your passport is eligible. That can be had in a day or two, or even a few hours for a fee.
Old Feb 11, 19, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA
I'm on the same boat...applied on the 4th and application still "In Processing". I fly over the 18th so for my sanity I paid for an Invitation Letter. You can check out MyVietnamVisaPro--I've used in the past (2016 to be exact) and its only $12. I prefer to pay that to play it safe than mess up the trip.
Old Feb 12, 19, 11:27 pm

I applied for a evisa on the 9th and received mine on the 12th.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: