Reload this Page >

How many days in Hanoi and Halong Bay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many days in Hanoi and Halong Bay?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:37 pm

Spending one night in Halong Bay is worth it. Actually, depart from Hanoi around 8.am and back around 4-5 pm in the next day. You can spend the rest of time to explore Hanoi. The Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Lake, the Temple of Literature, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum are famous spots in Hanoi that you should not miss.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 6MM, Hilton Diamond
With the recent opening of the Ha Long-Hai Phong highway connecting to the existing Hanoi Hai Phong highway, the overall distance from Hanoi to Halong is reduced from 180km to 130km. The travel time is supposed to be around 90 min each way.

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/ne...f-3802073.html

So a daytrip to Ha Long from Hanoi makes more sense now for people who is in short schedule or does not need to spend the night there.
I personally always recommend an overnight stay.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
Which month and year? That makes a huge difference
Early June 2017
Old Sep 30, 2018, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Thanks guys, but I now need specifics. I don't need luxury. I just need a clean and conveniently located room in Hanoi. Looking for the cheapest possible option. I heard Hanoi is getting a subway system soon? Will it be operational by the time I arrive in mid-October?

Looking for recommendations on where to stay in Halong Bay and which cruise to take? Which bus do I take to go from Hanoi to Halong Bay? Where should I exchange money when I arrive at Hanoi?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by lsquare
Thanks guys, but I now need specifics. I don't need luxury. I just need a clean and conveniently located room in Hanoi. Looking for the cheapest possible option. I heard Hanoi is getting a subway system soon? Will it be operational by the time I arrive in mid-October?

Looking for recommendations on where to stay in Halong Bay and which cruise to take? Which bus do I take to go from Hanoi to Halong Bay? Where should I exchange money when I arrive at Hanoi?
Help?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:18 pm

These are all Google-able questions.

Just my opinion, but I think this forum is great for really general questions (e.g. how long do you recommend I stay in X?) or getting input for trip ideas. Your questions seem to be very specific; perhaps you need the help of a travel agent who can do all the planning for you?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:18 am

Help?
You say cheapest, which is super low potentially, as in a few dollars, and probably below the threshold for most people here. If you want to know more about hostels and that, then lonely planet forum has more comments probably on that. If you're slightly above that, most of the 3 or 4 star hotels of local variety are pretty similar. They might or might not have an elevator and probably tiny windows if any, but they are clean and usable for a few days. Breakfasts are ok, they will hold the giant room key while you go out, they will have some noise maybe, bu they're usually ok. Look for the old quarter in that case and check trip advisor. If you're looking for cheap but still name brands, the Hilton Garden Inn is cheap on points and walking distance to the lake and old quarter, and might be your best bet in that tier of hotels.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by calbear2005
These are all Google-able questions.
+1, OP doesn't seem to want to do much of his own research, and seems not that many people are interested in doing it for him.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:32 am

There are plenty of rooms for under $10 USD per night. Here's some results from Agoda.

Subway will not be open this month.

Halong Bay...so many options. Make sure you check some reviews. Could be $80-$300 for a 2 night trip. Usually they will pick you up from Hanoi and drop you back to Hanoi.

Just exchange a couple hundred dollars at the airport.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:11 am
Suspended

4 days are not enough to visit both places, you need to stay atleast 5 to 7 Days to visit both places..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.