Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TPE airside arrivals terminal transit question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

TPE airside arrivals terminal transit question

A quick question for peopl that know TPE airport. I’ve got a 5 1/2 hour transit later today and thought I’d pop into town (prob to Linkou) for some food but I’m arriving at terminal 1 and departing from terminal 2. In an ideal world I’d transit pre immigration to terminal 2, clear immigration there, dump carry on bag in locker (carry on but full of work stuff I won’t take into town), get food, catch train back to terminal 2 to grab bag from locker, clear immigration, quick shower in lounge and head home.

The alternative is to clear immigration in T1 and swap between terminals there (preference is to have the bag in the terminal I’m flying from to save time when coming back in case I’m late) but it would be easier if I can swap airside preferably without having to clear an additional security.

For the people that know the airport is this possible?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:16 am
Original Poster

In the interests of giving the answer I can say yes, its possible no problem.

Unfortunately my inbound was delayed more than an hour rendering the trip into town somewhat pointless but for the person who stumbles across this thread in four years time off the back of a google search, well, there’s you’re answer
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
I'm going to jump into this thread as I had a related question about TPE:

As an arriving international passenger at Terminal 2 am I allowed full terminal access without an onward boarding pass? My flight arrives at midnight. I'd rather just sleep air-side until morning then head into town and check into a hotel for the following night. If there's a security screening and boarding pass inspection for arriving transit passengers I don't think this would work.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by edsh
I'm going to jump into this thread as I had a related question about TPE:

As an arriving international passenger at Terminal 2 am I allowed full terminal access without an onward boarding pass? My flight arrives at midnight. I'd rather just sleep air-side until morning then head into town and check into a hotel for the following night. If there's a security screening and boarding pass inspection for arriving transit passengers I don't think this would work.
This won't work. You will arrive on the arrivals level, and need to go upstairs back to departures which requires a security check and usually a boarding pass check, although in the past some have been able to go through without a boarding pass by stating they need to visit the gate upstairs. Why not just enter Taiwan, and if you really need to spend the night at the airport, do it landside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.