Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Domestic Vietnam Flights - when to book ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic Vietnam Flights - when to book ?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
tens of dollars x 3 pax x 4 flights = many dollars
But what if it goes up? or there are only 2 seats left?
Old May 21, 2018, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
But what if it goes up? or there are only 2 seats left?
Should be pretty obvious if I wanted to play it safe I wouldn't be asking for advise.

3 flights booked, one remain HAN-DAD, think may try Jetstar
Old May 22, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
flights booked, one remain HAN-DAD, think may try Jetstar
Write up your experiences afterwards.Jetstar for is the last resort.
Old May 23, 2018, 4:29 pm

Avoid Jetstar
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Firemansam
Avoid Jetstar
I don’t really understand why people use LCC’s for domestic Vietnamese travel. Yeah, VN is usually a bit more expensive, but not that much more expensive. It is not like the cost difference between China Eastern and HK Express. I usually see VN about 20-40 USD more expensive. For taht money, you won’t get hassled about your bags, and you’ll be on a more reliable airline.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:24 am

And on VN you can buy a very cheap upgrade the day before departure. It doesn't include lounge access though.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: Travel Agency
A month before is the best time for booking domestic flight in Vietnam. Happy travel.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by erik123
And on VN you can buy a very cheap upgrade the day before departure. It doesn't include lounge access though.
Frankly, we just bought business class on DAD-HAN. We did get lounge access. Fare was refundable, we didn't have to worry about luggage limits or long check-in/security lines and the price was very very reasonable (IIRC ~$120). And I think there were only 3 or 4 pax in the 16-seat cabin.
Oh, and we booked ~3 months in advance and the schedule only changed once. (About a week prior to departure, flight moved 45 minutes later).
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Ended up booking everything a few weeks out, the prices didn't drop over the 6+ months period I was looking at and gradually increased - this was for June 2018

3 VN flights and 1 VJ flight
- VJ flight was late by 2+ hours departing, damn check-in girl knew very well the flight is late but didn't say anything even when I asked. The video board in Phu Quoc insists that my flight has already took off, found out the exactly delay time using flightaware
- Successfully used Optiontown on the VN's DAD-SGN flight. Since we were connecting to OZ flight SGN-ICN, I wanted the extra privileges in case of delays. As it turns out all VN flights were fine and on-time, and on the upgraded (US$ 25 per) flight we were the only J pax in a pretty large business cabin for a A320/A321 - 6 rows x 4 ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.