Wiki Posts
Search

Opinions on Awarta Resort Bali

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Opinions on Awarta Resort Bali

Hello,

It has been a longtime since I have posted on FT. Booked a resort in Bali without checking on FT. Anyone have any experiences with Awarta Resort in Bali. Any recent visits? Thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:06 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
I have considered staying at Awarta but decided not to despite the hotel looking to be excellent and living up to its claim of "Best Boutique hotel in the World" ... I chose a private villa in Canggu instead (more expensive but more private and luxurious). Personally I find Nusa Dua too sterile, it is more like being in Hawaii than being in Bali, being a gated community cutoff from the rest of Bali. I like to live in the local community which is simply not possible at any of the 5* Nusa Dua resorts.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! First time in Bali and I understood the beach in Nusa Due to be good for kids. We were going to stay in Canggu but opted for Nusa Dua. Sounds like the hotel should be good. Surprised that I could not find much on FT regarding the hotel. Thanks for your help!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:45 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The beach at Nusa Dua is safe and pretty shallow (knee deep a long way out in many places). Some other beaches such as Seminyak and Canggu are very dangerous due to rips so you have to know what you are doing. Some of the other big hotels are beachfront and have huge lagoon pools (literally acres of concrete), for example the Laguna. The Awarta is across the road from the beach, so not beach-front, which is a big impact on a beach vacation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.