Sri Lanka - itinerary and guide help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sri Lanka - itinerary and guide help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:27 pm

First time in Sri Lanka: Galle and Tangalle

Hello, I am going to do 4 nights in Galle and 3 in Tangalle. I definitely am going to do a safari at Udawale, walk around the fort and go to Bentota Beach as I heard thats the best Galle beach. Any must try restaurant recommendations or places I need to make reservations for? Also, was planning to Uber from Colombo Airport. Is that a good way to get around?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:52 am

Last month i was visit passikudah & kandy, these places are very pretty to visit in sri lanka. Especially, passikudah is best choices to visit in between month of may to Sept. Before the journey i have book the hotels & cabs from airport transfer lk. I would like to return to sri lanka again for visit different places.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: most of them
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Hello, I am going to do 4 nights in Galle and 3 in Tangalle. I definitely am going to do a safari at Udawale, walk around the fort and go to Bentota Beach as I heard thats the best Galle beach. Any must try restaurant recommendations or places I need to make reservations for? Also, was planning to Uber from Colombo Airport. Is that a good way to get around?
That's a long way for an Uber ride. I would contact a local travel agency to arrange car transfers. They could also put together the whole trip you want to take including the safari and so forth
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage
1) It is certainly possible to get an Uber from Colombo to Galle Fort - and the price is competitive with local taxi services. However, I'm not sure if the opposite is possible, i.e. getting an Uber from Galle Fort back to Colombo!

2) I feel that 2 nights are enough to enjoy most of the sights in the Galle area. If you're interested in beaches, I'd suggest spending more time in Tangalle - or even better - taking the time to travel to Passikudah.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 4:02 pm

So I was going to take an Uber from Colombo Airport to Galle and an uber to Tangalle from there and then an Uber from Tangalle to the airport. Is that not the best way to get between these three points?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
if you are adventurous, take the express bus from Galle back to Colombo. You would then need to get an Uber in Colombo to get to your hotel as the (at least when i took it) arrival bus stop is "in the middle of nowhere". At the time the fare was about 500 LKR and the bus was excellent - the route takes the new expressway.

Happy wandering
Fred
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
After checking my Uber app, I see that there is an Uber "intercity" service that allows one to travel from Galle to Tangalle and Tangalle to Colombo. However, I'd be seriously concerned about availability.

My recommendation: have a backup plan. Your hotel should be able to find alternate transport, at a pinch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.