Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Rail Link train from Jakarta CGK airport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
New Jakarta Airport Train - any experience?

So I have read the new airport train is now operating. I am looking for practical experience - in particular,
would I be better off taking a taxi directly from the airport to Le Meridien, or the train to Sudirman and then
a cab to hotel?

Especially, how is the transfer from terminal to train station, and how easy is it to get a taxi at the destination station?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:04 am

New Rail Link train from Jakarta CGK airport

Does anyone know whether there are any chain hotels (Starwood, Hilton, IHG etc) within walking distance of any stations on this line, particularly Batu Ceper & Duri)?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:28 am

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
Originally Posted by puchong
Does anyone know whether there are any chain hotels (Starwood, Hilton, IHG etc) within walking distance of any stations on this line, particularly Batu Ceper & Duri)?
The closest I know of is Holiday Inn Express Thamrin - 3 min walk from the Sudirman train station.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:17 pm

currently passenger can only board/deboard in CGK, Batu Ceper, and Sudirman Baru (aka BNI City)

Duri and Manggarai still have ongoing development, not accessible by passenger unless using regular commuter line trains.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:11 am

This could be helpful
http://www.thejakartapost.com/amp/travel/2018/01/04/riding-the-soekarno-hatta-airport-train-a-guide.html

As the train ride takes 55 mins, maybe direct taxi to hotel should be more straightforward. If you never try, you never know, though

(I haven't tried it either)
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:18 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

55 minutes? yeesh. Except for one 3-hour saga in February 2008, I've never had to sit for more than 50 minutes in a cab from CGK to various hotels downtown..and obviously, those were direct rides. Sounds like I'm going to be sticking with taxis, at least for CGK arrivals.

The idea of this train reminds me of N'Ex (Narita Express in Tokyo), which at ~55 minutes is hardly express. On the other hand, at least when it deposits you at Tokyo station, you have good rail links to other parts of the metro area. When you end up at Sudirman Baru, you're stuck with the miserable Transjakarta (never fun transfers, more so with luggage), or an inconvenient walk to commuter rail. For those unfamiliar with Jakarta, what does that mean? Using a taxi, or Uber, thus being unceremoniously welcomed into the infamous traffic.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 8:45 am

Is there a map of the route? I would like to take this but if I can't navigate my way; I will hire a care service for pick up
seavisionburma likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by Deafchick
Is there a map of the route? I would like to take this but if I can't navigate my way; I will hire a care service for pick up

seavisionburma and Deafchick like this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by Deafchick
Just get a Bluebird taxi. They are pretty cheap.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Does it go to Manggarai station yet?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by a9504477
Does it go to Manggarai station yet?
Not yet. The accessible stations are still: the airport station, Batu Ceper, and Sudirman Baru / BNI City.

Manggarai tentatively to get airport service on 2019.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by blueferrari
Not yet. The accessible stations are still: the airport station, Batu Ceper, and Sudirman Baru / BNI City.

Manggarai tentatively to get airport service on 2019.
Thanks, so if i want to get to the Doubletree i would take the air rail to Sudirman Baru, then change to the commuter rail to Manggarai and there change again to a train to Cikini, right?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:59 am

not that easy. Stn Sudirman Baru itself doesn't have commuter line service. so you need to walk/get a vehicle to Stn Sudirman (distance around 500 meters). Then you connect to Manggarai and connect again to Cikini using commuter line. A lot of hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.