Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7 hour layover in KL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:01 am
Original Poster

7 hour layover in KL

In January I have a 7 hour layover is that enough time to go into the city? What is the best way to see the city, taxi,train or city tour from airport? What should we see?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
You may find useful information in these threads, though they are about layovers that are a few hours longer than yours:

Long layover in KUL.
12 hour layover in kuala lumpur

There is a lot more information about Kuala Lumpur in FlyerTalk's Asia forum. That's also where the Asia experts who can answer this kind of question tend to hang out. (I'm going to ask a moderator to move this thread to there so you can get the benefit of their knowledge.) While the consensus seems to be that going into the city is worth it, you should be aware that (a) there have been recent reports of very long lines at immigration, which (if you encounter them, not everyone does) may cut your available time so much that it's not worth leaving the airport, and (b) safety is a concern in KL.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:58 am

I have a 9.5 hr layover in KUL in september. You can take the KLIA express train which will take about 30 minutes to KUL Sentral. I will probably end up booking a local guide from the withlocals.com site for a guided tour
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:22 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I'll move this over to the Asia forum where you may gather more responses.

chgoeditor
co-moderator, Info Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.