Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vietnam visa how fast

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:58 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I'm going to move this to the Asia forum and ask the moderator to merge with your prior post about Vietnamese visas. (We discourage posters from starting multiple threads on similar topics within a short period of time.)

chgoeditor
co-moderator, Info Desk
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by Pookynubbers
Hello -

I'm seeking some advice about my upcoming trip. I was dumb and didn't apply for a Vietnam e-Visa until 12/20 (CST) which gives them 2 working days (no work on Christmas I suppose?) but my flight departs on 12/27 at 5:50am - but I can't depart without it.

I don't need to go to Vietnam - I had planned to spend 7 days there and then head to Bali. Here are my options as I see them

A) Change my award booking now ORD->HKG->??? (somewhere warm) $125 change fee - I'd also be eating my non-refundable $310 flight from SGN->DPS - so $425 mistake.

B) Give them until Tuesday....and hope I can find another award flight for somewhere in SE Asia that is warm....

C) Apply for the Visa upon arrival. Some sites say they can do 2-4 hour turnaround. I'm not sure if that's true - and I've been reading about non-legitimate sites (including the list of non-legit sites from the Vietnam govt.)

Any thoughts or advice from the collective brilliance of the community here?
There is a separate thread on VOA. The firms listed in the Wiki there are reliable for VOA. I’ve used vietnamvisacorp.com a dozen times no problem and been able to get a 30 minute turn around when needed. You can call or email them if needed to speed things along.

You have eons of time to get this done. I’ve occaisonally forgotten and had to apply from my phone while enroute to the airport. No need to sweat this. You’ll be fine.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. I’ve confirmed that I cannot board my flight without the proper paperwork (either the e-visa or the COA. I’m hoping that the 3 day turnaround will be enough. (I’m not counting the weekend. I did look up and Christmas isn’t an ‘observed’ holiday on some sites but not an official holiday on any - don’t know what that means for the e-visa. But I’ve also got a +13 hour time difference in my favor. Do t want to wait until the last minute but if nothing by Tuesday might (Wednesday morning there) I’ll need try and find a connecting award flight out of HKG to somewhere else.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by Pookynubbers
Thanks for the advice. I’ve confirmed that I cannot board my flight without the proper paperwork (either the e-visa or the COA. I’m hoping that the 3 day turnaround will be enough. (I’m not counting the weekend. I did look up and Christmas isn’t an ‘observed’ holiday on some sites but not an official holiday on any - don’t know what that means for the e-visa. But I’ve also got a +13 hour time difference in my favor. Do t want to wait until the last minute but if nothing by Tuesday might (Wednesday morning there) I’ll need try and find a connecting award flight out of HKG to somewhere else.
Dude - Did you read my post?
Old Dec 23, 2017, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 5khours
Dude - Did you read my post?
Dude - I did. And I appreciate it - I already applied for the e-Visa last week. If it doesn't come through, I'll cancel it and I'll use the service you recommend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.