Wiki Posts
Search

HAN taxi rates

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

HAN taxi rates

anyone have any idea what it should cost from; 1) The Hilton Operaarea to Sheraton West Lake and 2) the new IC to The Old City area (not the Westlake IC)

trying to figure out the amount of Dong I want to get at the ATM

thx
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by craz
anyone have any idea what it should cost from; 1) The Hilton Operaarea to Sheraton West Lake and 2) the new IC to The Old City area (not the Westlake IC)

trying to figure out the amount of Dong I want to get at the ATM

thx
Have you tried here?

https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main....ietnam&lang=en
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
or here....?

https://www.uber.com/en-GB/cities/hanoi/

the fare estimates are pretty accurate.

Uber works a treat in Hanoi, and if you link you credit card to the app there's no need to worry about dong
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
The ATM fee will probably cost more than the taxi ride. Second the suggestion re: Uber.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

1- I dont pay ATM fess to either my bank or the ATMs bank , so no problem using ATMs

2- I dont have a smart phone = no Uber

3- using JCs link its for uberX apx rates, will adding 10% to the rate shown be what a reg taxi would be apx?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by craz
1- I dont pay ATM fess to either my bank or the ATMs bank , so no problem using ATMs

2- I dont have a smart phone = no Uber

3- using JCs link its for uberX apx rates, will adding 10% to the rate shown be what a reg taxi would be apx?
No smart phone ? yikes!

I'm not sure i understand the question in line 3 of your post, but UberX fares are little different to those of taxis. The charm of Uber is there's no discussion, no money changes hands and you get a receipt delivered to your account.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I went for quite a few years without a normal cellphone. I did have a cheap flip phone for foreign trips, that I could just pop a sim into.

These days, you can buy really cheap android phones for $50 or under. I think you could even use them with wifi only.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
No smart phone ? yikes!

I'm not sure i understand the question in line 3 of your post, but UberX fares are little different to those of taxis. The charm of Uber is there's no discussion, no money changes hands and you get a receipt delivered to your account.
1 better I have texting and internet blocked Since Im a person of leisure over 30 yrs already, my motto is if youre going to use a cell phone you might as well call me then text. To me all this tech is removing people from having to deal with one another. No more 1 on 1 , or dealing with another person,instead its all dealing with machines

Since for biz reasons I dont need to text or receive any I have it blocked, you dont want to deal with me as a person, then simply dont deal with me

Never Ubered , so I will use the links to Uber to figure out apx what it should cost.

The wench in the wheels is theres a new IC in HAN that I scored for just over $100, which will allow me to do the IHG promo where you get $100 if 1 stay is at an IC. In turn I CXed a free night at a Hilton. So that will have me using taxis more then I thought I would since the IC isnt in the Old Town area (not talking about The IC Westlake, but IC Landmark 72) While the Hiltons didnt require anything but my feet
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

These days, you can buy really cheap android phones for $50 or under. I think you could even use them with wifi only.
Yep got an LG flip myself, and it fits in my shirts pocket, any smart phone is way too large. I lost my phone 1/2 yr ago and since it was a Pentech flip w/internet blocked who ever found it all they got was my address book, otherwise all my banking,brokerage etc etc might have been out there

eventually they probably will stop making flips and I will have no choice but to get a smart (dumb) phone, but till that day its a flip for me , its also small enough that it can be palmed so its harder to tell while driving if Im using a phone , cant be done with a smart phone nowadays

gotta go feed the horses we have a long trip tomorrow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.