Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TPE Airport-disappointed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by cm007d
I have been trying to follow this thread because will be flying BR RL for first time to BKK in January. Which lounge would you suggest going to in TPE if the BR lounges are sub par?
If you have access to Priority Pass, then the PP lounge is a good option.

If not, then your best bet is either the BR lounges or the SilverKris lounge.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Dave510

I would gladly pay for the PP lounge -- you can get a Loungebuddy coupon for $25 off with Tripit pro
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:51 am

I do have PP access through my Chase sapphire reserve I will have to look into that. Thanks for the tip
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by kpottermn
I would gladly pay for the PP lounge -- you can get a Loungebuddy coupon for $25 off with Tripit pro
I have PP lounge access thru my CSR so may try those pp lounges instead of BR ones.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
I don't understand this obsession with comparing BR to first in every regard. Yes they do try to emulate first when possible, but their fare prices are no more than competing J products. How would it be economically feasible for Eva to maintain a F like product in every regard without increasing prices?

I'm willing to compromise on my lounge experience (and it's not too bad if you have access to their Garden lounge) if they keep up the excellent in flight experience.
Other than the quality of Champagne, EY and QR offer this level of service in J. One could even argue the seats on EY and QR are better. They also manage to offer much better lounges.
I know BA, and many other airlines offer a substantial less good J product but even their lounges are better.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by akalra1187
Other than the quality of Champagne, EY and QR offer this level of service in J. One could even argue the seats on EY and QR are better. They also manage to offer much better lounges.
I know BA, and many other airlines offer a substantial less good J product but even their lounges are better.
I agree that a very few select airlines have a better seat than Eva (like EY or SQ), but service wise EY is much less consistent. Food wise, I don't think any business class does a 5 course meal like Eva, even for red eyes.

It would be great if they upgrade their lounges to the standard of, for example, China Airlines' T1 lounge, but not at the expense of the in flight experience.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
Humm, I recall being in the International NH lounge @ HND and it wasn't all that memorable
No it is not. Even the first class NH lounge at NRT is not that great. The food offerings are terrible. Only thing that was above average to me is you could get 17 year old J Whiskey.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:12 pm

Humm, now I can't recall if I can get Kavalan in the BR lounge or not, always been there bloody early in the morning, but definitely in flight you can
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:02 pm

Humm, now I can't recall if I can get Kavalan in the BR lounge or not
Kavalan was in the Infinity Lounge mid September.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I don't understand this obsession with comparing BR to first in every regard.
It's utterly silly - as is the absurd notion that because some aspects of BR J might be worthy of an F product, that then all aspects of BR J travel must be compared to other F products. (Which is already a stretch for me, since outside of offering La Grande Dame, nothing about any of my BR J trips in recent years is anything that I'd call F quality.)

Humm, now I can't recall if I can get Kavalan in the BR lounge or not, always been there bloody early in the morning, but definitely in flight you can
In Star as well, last time I checked. Years ago they used to offer Solist in Infinity!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gengar
It's utterly silly - as is the absurd notion that because some aspects of BR J might be worthy of an F product, that then all aspects of BR J travel must be compared to other F products. (Which is already a stretch for me, since outside of offering La Grande Dame, nothing about any of my BR J trips in recent years is anything that I'd call F quality.)

In Star as well, last time I checked. Years ago they used to offer Solist in Infinity!
Not really relevant because BR lounge offering don’t even compete to other J offerings.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Not really relevant because BR lounge offering don’t even compete to other J offerings.
Completely relevant when you inanely insist on comparisons to F lounges and BR J being a "hybrid F/J" product.

I've often posted on here about BR's subpar lounge offerings, but comparing to F lounges on the basis that BR happens to offer nice champagne on board is just silly.

Last edited by gengar; Oct 13, 2017 at 7:16 pm
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gengar
Completely relevant when you inanely insist on comparisons to F lounges and BR J being a "hybrid F/J" product.

I've often posted on here about BR's subpar lounge offerings, but comparing to F lounges on the basis that BR happens to offer nice champagne on board is just silly.
Let’s compare J lounges! Very irrelevant comment I’m sorry to say.

Oh and if BR J was not a hybrid of F and J, I would have never flew them, I would have taken EK, at least I have gold status with them. I picked BR over EK to TPE for that reason alone. F on EK was only for the LHR-DXB sector, and cost a fair bit more. I didn't mind paying more, but given that on BR I would get a product above J on both sectors, it was the preferred choice.

Last edited by akalra1187; Oct 13, 2017 at 8:01 pm
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by richmke
Kavalan was in the Infinity Lounge mid September.
I had it there last week. Had shower, few glasses of Kavalan then hightailed it to the SQ lounge.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

These may be factors to you, but mean nothing to me since I fly trans-pacific to get to TPE. BA/EY/QR do not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.