Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

KL Sentral - Johor: Airbus or Bus?

Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Velocity, SQ KrisFlyer

I will be doing a trip from Hong Kong to KL, Johor and Singapore to visit my friend at the end of this year/early next year. However, I am not sure about my transport options during the trip.

I will be catching Singapore Airlines for this trip, however I am unsure what my transport arrangements for me from KL to Johor. I am considering 2 options:

1. Catching Airbus A330/A350 to Singapore, then change at Singapore for Johor
2. Catching a bus from KL to Johor direct

Advantage for catching Airbus:
1. It is costing me only HK$100 extra to add the KUL - SIN sector
2. I will earn 50% of miles + 10 Status Credits on Virgin Australia for this flight

Disadvantage/Concerns for catching Airbus
1. Have to go inside Singapore then exit Singapore to go to Malaysia again

Therefore may I ask:

1. Which ways would you recommend me should travel from KL - Johor?
2. If I exit Malaysia then re-enter Malaysia again in a matter of a few hours, will it cause any suspicious or trouble at the border as a non-Malaysian nor a Singaporean?
3. If I decide to catch the bus to Johor, will I lost my S$20 CDV on my way to KL because it is an open-jaw ticket?
4. If I decide to catch the bus to Johor, will I lost access to Singapore Stopover Holidays because it is not a stopover?

Thank you.

Last edited by Metropolitan Airlines; Sep 28, 2017 at 10:23 pm
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
bus is cheap: normally USD6-12 range, very frequent, 5-6 hours and comfortable.

Air Asia has half a dozen flights a day to JB, from something like USD15 a pop if you book some time out. 45 minutes flight but a two or three of hours faff involved plus cost of getting to/from the airport. Don't bother.

Flying to SIN to get to JB is ridiculous.

I don't understand your other concerns.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
If you only need to get into Johor and do not have plans for Singapore, buy cheap flight to Senai airport and back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.