Wiki Posts
Search

Do any alliances still serve REP?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by onuhistorian0116
Depending on the season, another option is taking a 6 hour boat up the Mekong from Phnom Penh.
I stopped reading at that. There is no reason for anyone to take the boat. Period. Full stop.

Originally Posted by giblet
Silk Air isn't in *A but you can book Silk Air flights with SQ miles, so it is actually possible to get to REP that way. No availability when I checked, though.
Sure, that's doable but with no *A bags/lounge benes.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I stopped reading at that. There is no reason for anyone to take the boat. Period. Full stop.
I've read a couple of good reviews about the boat. I have never taken the boat, I tried once, but it was during the dry season and the water was too low. It really depends what your goals are. I would like to have the oppurtunity for the scenery from the boat.

Now Laos on the other hand, I've read that those boats are hell on Earth.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by onuhistorian0116
I've read a couple of good reviews about the boat. I have never taken the boat, I tried once, but it was during the dry season and the water was too low. It really depends what your goals are. I would like to have the oppurtunity for the scenery from the boat.

Now Laos on the other hand, I've read that those boats are hell on Earth.
The boat to/from REP/PNH is twice as expensive as a bus (if not more), longer, more uncomfortable and then leaves you with the need to negotiate transpo to/from town on the REP end.

Did it on the backpack trail once, years ago, and would never do/recommend/encourage to friend or foe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.