Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Vietnam Impressions

Vietnam Impressions

Old Aug 8, 17, 3:08 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 744
Vietnam Impressions

Hey! I visited Vietnam in April 2017 and wasn't very lucky with the weather in Ha Long bay and Ninh Binh, maybe some of you have some nicer pictures to share with good weather!? My favorite was Ban Gioc Waterfall!

PS: sadly the image quality is bad, I am using ink361 to retreive the URLs, maybe someone has a better alternative?!

Ha Long Bay:


Bac Son Valley:


Ban Gioc Waterfall:


Ma Pi Leng Pass:


Also just finished a small 1 minute video as a summary:


Cheers
Chris
Chris1984 is offline  
Old Aug 8, 17, 7:50 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Ben Tre Province
Posts: 65
Thanks for your nice photos of VN!
dinhoecotour is offline  
Old Aug 9, 17, 6:02 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Posts: 13,501
I love Vietnam too. Great pics. Love the waterfall.
Annalisa12 is offline  
Old Aug 10, 17, 9:58 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 1,641
I'm planning to visit Ninh Binh so when I saw this thread, I was excited about Ban Gioc Waterfall and Ma Pi Leng Pass. Turns out they are nowhere near each other and the waterfall is only impressive during rainy season.

Ban Gioc Waterfall and Ma Pi Leng Pass look like they are in VERY rural areas. Could you get by only speaking English? Is Mandarin spoken there? What mode of transport did you use to get there? (I assume a private car)
CrazyInteg is offline  
Old Aug 15, 17, 4:09 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 744
Yes its not nearby for sure but worth the trip! And it is very rural, i had a couchsurfer with me so luckily had no problems!
Chris1984 is offline  
Old Aug 15, 17, 8:40 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 1,641
Originally Posted by Chris1984 View Post
Yes its not nearby for sure but worth the trip! And it is very rural, i had a couchsurfer with me so luckily had no problems!
A Vietnamese couchsurfer?
CrazyInteg is offline  
Old Aug 15, 17, 11:53 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 744
Yep, there are a few

We were touring around with his friends on 3 motorbikes, pretty mmuch as good as it gets!
Chris1984 is offline  
Old Aug 16, 17, 8:04 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 1,641
Originally Posted by Chris1984 View Post
Yep, there are a few

We were touring around with his friends on 3 motorbikes, pretty mmuch as good as it gets!
Nice one!
CrazyInteg is offline  
Old Sep 4, 17, 7:50 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 744
THats the beauty of Couchsurfing =)
Chris1984 is offline  
Old Sep 16, 17, 7:47 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,660
As with your Indo photos, these are great. Thanks for posting.

Originally Posted by Chris1984 View Post
Hey! I visited Vietnam in April 2017 and wasn't very lucky with the weather in Ha Long bay and Ninh Binh, maybe some of you have some nicer pictures to share with good weather!? My favorite was Ban Gioc Waterfall!

PS: sadly the image quality is bad, I am using ink361 to retreive the URLs, maybe someone has a better alternative?!

Ha Long Bay:


Bac Son Valley:


Ban Gioc Waterfall:


Ma Pi Leng Pass:


Also just finished a small 1 minute video as a summary:

Live #38 - Vietnam - YouTube

Cheers
Chris
SQTraveller is offline  
Old Sep 30, 17, 3:37 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 744
Thanks and your are welcoome!
Chris1984 is offline  
Old Oct 4, 17, 6:37 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 19
You were in the best time at Vietnam. March & April is the ideal time to visit this place. I like your snaps. I had been there last year would like to share mine pics as well. Unfortunately I can find just 2 pics so here they are:

akshay18 is offline  
Old Oct 5, 17, 12:05 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: HKG
Posts: 1,250
Spring isn't the best time for northern Vietnam because of the seasonal fog and it is generally cloudy. Winter is the sunny period in that part of the country.







My gallery : http://www.globalphotos.org/halongbay-summary.htm

For the waterfalls, it would be the opposite. They need some spring rains to get the flow going I suppose. Here are some from Detian Falls on the China-Vietnam border from spring (too early).





My gallery : http://www.globalphotos.org/guangxi.htm
hkskyline is offline  
Old Oct 7, 17, 2:14 am
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 744
Still beautiful! Nice pics guys =)
Chris1984 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: