Reload this Page >

Kuala Lumpur International Airport Long Wait Warning

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kuala Lumpur International Airport Long Wait Warning

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Long Waits Continuing?

Are the long immigration line queues for foreigners at KLIA still continuing? Also, what is generally the worst time for arriving passengers? Coming to KL in a few weeks on NH from NRT arriving around 11:55pm. Would like to make the last Express train by 1am but questioning whether that's possible or not.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:02 am

It was long, seemingly because they were so slow processing people. But didn't get fingerprinted. KLIA2 on Friday night around midnight
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:31 pm

Exiting on Monday morning at 7am no line in immigration, klia2
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
A month ago 8AM departure and 5AM arrival took no more than 10 min for each case
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:35 pm

Exited KLIA2 at about 11.00am December 31. No line at all.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:50 am

For info, entry and exit on late Oct 2017.. Asean line was no longer provided. I used foreigner line. Long queue on entry, standard queue on exit. (MotoGP weekend)
Old Jan 15, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I arrived on the 15th about 3PM and there was a pretty long line (wrapped several times) for the visitor line. Luckily I had a orange piece of paper handy and walked up and right through in no time. I have had waits in the priority queue though that seemed to take a loooong time and only with a couple of people in front of me. I have never really experienced too many problems on departure, none that stand out anyways.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Departure today, no orange paper so had to go in the regular line. There were three separate queue areas setup and all of them full and spilling out into where there is no rope anymore. It was 25 minutes to get through.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
I love Air Asia, but KLIA2 is for the birds!
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Flew into KLIA2 at around 16.00 hrs. a few days back.. Immigration was a nightmare..Took close to an hour and the line was only getting longer. Wonder whether arrival into the main KLIA is any better. Have a flight coming up with an arrival at around 10.00 hrs
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:28 pm
cgo

I will arrive at KLIA2 10.50AM, and have a connecting flight via MH in KLIA at 13.10. I would like to ask if I can make this time.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:53 pm

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
Originally Posted by Clark Kendrick Go
I will arrive at KLIA2 10.50AM, and have a connecting flight via MH in KLIA at 13.10. I would like to ask if I can make this time.
Is your connecting flight to a domestic destination in Malaysia or to another international destination? I assume it is a domestic flight, since you posted this in a thread about immigration at KLIA.
If taking a domestic flight (and assuming it’s on a single ticket, since you say “connection”), you will not clear immigration in the Arrivals hall, but in the Transit hall. Once you land at KLIA, follow the signs to your gate (usually that means Gates A), not to arrivals. Clearing immigration in the transit hall is much faster than in the arrivals hall, so you should not have any problems with this connection, assuming your flight to KUL is on time.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:02 am
cgo

Originally Posted by mihaid

Is your connecting flight to a domestic destination in Malaysia or to another international destination? I assume it is a domestic flight, since you posted this in a thread about immigration at KLIA.
If taking a domestic flight (and assuming it’s on a single ticket, since you say “connection”), you will not clear immigration in the Arrivals hall, but in the Transit hall. Once you land at KLIA, follow the signs to your gate (usually that means Gates A), not to arrivals. Clearing immigration in the transit hall is much faster than in the arrivals hall, so you should not have any problems with this connection, assuming your flight to KUL is on time.

sorry it is an international to international flight. KLIA2 from airasia international flight and MH in KLIA on another international flight.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:13 am

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
So you plan to arrive at KLIA2 on AirAsia and continue on a separate ticket from KLIA on MH. 2h20m for this is way too risky in my view. You will need to clear immigration at KLIA2 (this can take a while), take the train from KLIA2 to KLIA, check-in with MH, pass through an initial (summary) security screening, re-clear immigration, then make your way to the gate and pass through full security scan at the gate. And this assuming you don’t have a checked bag to wait for at KLIA2. If I were attempting something like this, I would probably leave at least 4h between the scheduled international arrival at KLIA2 and the international departure from KLIA. Then again, my risk appetite is not high...

Last edited by mihaid; Feb 27, 2018 at 12:40 am
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:06 am
cgo

Originally Posted by mihaid
So you plan to arrive at KLIA2 on AirAsia and continue on a separate ticket from KLIA on MH. 2h20m for this is way too risky in my view. You will need to clear immigration at KLIA2 (this can take a while), take the train from KLIA2 to KLIA, check-in with MH, pass through an initial (summary) security screening, re-clear immigration, then make your way to the gate and pass through full security scan at the gate. And this assuming you don’t have a checked bag to wait for at KLIA2. If I were attempting something like this, I would probably leave at least 4h between the scheduled international arrival at KLIA2 and the international departure from KLIA. Then again, my risk appetite is not high...
Yeah, i understand it is a little bit unsettling to be in this situation. I will be hoping that lines wont be long during the 10.50AM arrival. and counting that I have an ASEAN passport myself, so there will be a 'less people lane' for this. Fingers, legs, and eyes crossed on this one!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.