Wiki Posts
Search

Kuala Lumpur International Airport Long Wait Warning

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I doubt it's the check-in deadline. Regardless, I'd suggest taking AirAsia over Jetstar. I fly AirAsia quite often and it's pretty reliable - just be careful when using their website as it's designed to automatically charge you for all of the "add-ons", whether you want them or not. So you'll need to "uncheck" the luggage charges (if you aren't checking bags), uncheck the travel insurance, etc. For about $12 US, you can select a "hot seat" when you buy the ticket (exit rows and row 1) and in addition to the better seat you'll get priority boarding.

(I've never flown Jetstar and one of the reasons I haven't is the online reports of frequent cancellations.)
Thanks; I'll keep that in mind. Heard anything re: Scoot? That seems to be the third LCC option for SIN-KUL, and it flies out of T2, like United.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:08 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Scoot is LCC owned by SQ. Their checkin at KLIA2 was next to 3K checkin and looked to be MUCH better (twice the staff of 3K, much shorter line and faster processing). Have never flown Scoot but heard good things about it. However Air Asia is based in KL so would have the most resources and seems to work well. Personally I fly MH or SQ out of KLIA1 most of the time and happy with that but they are double the price.
joe_miami likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:50 pm

Arriving at KLIA on TG in Business from BKK. Departing on MH in economy (assuming also KLIA) to Kota Kinabalu. only 2 hr connection time. No checked bags.
Where will I clear immigration? Can I stay airside with the separate tix if in the same terminal?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:09 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jhartley15
Arriving at KLIA on TG in Business from BKK. Departing on MH in economy (assuming also KLIA) to Kota Kinabalu. only 2 hr connection time. No checked bags.
Where will I clear immigration? Can I stay airside with the separate tix if in the same terminal?
yes. If you don't have BPs for the MH flight, collect them at the transit desk. Then you proceed down to Domestic departures A&B gates (follow the signs), where you will clear immigration straight into the Domestic departures area.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Just as a follow-up, I arrived at KLIA2 last Thursday around 5:00 pm and departed the next day around the same time, and the immigration/security wait times were no more than 5 minutes.

All departing passengers from KLIA2 were having their carry-ons weighed before even proceeding to immigration/security; anyone hoping to get around any carry-on weight limits will meet stiff resistance. (There was no such weigh-in when departing Singapore (SIN).)
Old Nov 7, 2018, 5:49 pm

I've travelled recently using KLIA either for transit into/out of domestic or to landside and immigration was very fast.

For those who can, I highly recommend the APEC business traveller card
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
How early should one be at KLIA2 for an AirAsia flight to MLE at 08:35 AM?
It's on a Saturday, so I guess the KLIA Ekspres only departs every half hour? Would the 06:00 AM departure from KL Sentral be OK or is it advisable to take the 05:30 AM train?
Thanks.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
How early should one be at KLIA2 for an AirAsia flight to MLE at 08:35 AM?
It's on a Saturday, so I guess the KLIA Ekspres only departs every half hour? Would the 06:00 AM departure from KL Sentral be OK or is it advisable to take the 05:30 AM train?
Thanks.
I've never experienced significant delays when departing KLIA2 so I'd be on the 06:00 am train. Presumably you'd print your boarding passes beforehand so no lines at check-in with which to contend.

The lounges at KLIA2 are nothing to get excited about so if you have lounge access don't expect much.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Arriving at KLIA2 around 14.00 hrs. Any idea if wait times are still long at Immigration ?
Old Jun 3, 2023, 2:16 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

How bad are arrival immigration waits at KLIA 1/2 these days? Is there still a priority lane for passengers arriving KLIA 1 in Business?
Old Jun 6, 2023, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
How bad are arrival immigration waits at KLIA 1/2 these days? Is there still a priority lane for passengers arriving KLIA 1 in Business?
Havent seen any real line at the priority counters in all my travels through, you should be good.
jpdx likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 11:54 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Departed from KLAI1. very quick immigration and security is at the gates, The worst was the shuttle bus between the main budding and h=the gates,

The Premium Plaza was impressive with even a c complementary 15 minute massage, Very Impressize
Old Jul 22, 2023, 10:30 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Flew into T1 on MH781/16June (arrived on a Friday night at 22.50) and the immigration to enter Malaysia was a nightmare. I waited over an hour.

Flew into T1 on MH852/19June (arrived on a Monday night at 22.20) and the immigration to enter Malaysia was fine. Maybe a five minute line.

Was in economy both times so was not eligible for any fast track.

Departing the country was fine.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 11:57 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Flew into KLL2 o n the 18th and no queue at all. Flew out on KLL1 and a bit of queue.
Their Priority Pass Lounge at KLL1 for business class was very good. Even had a free 15 min massage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.