Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Weekend in Bhutan solo - any advice on travel agencies?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 4:40 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club

So it looks like I might have a free weekend during an upcoming trip to visit somewhere I've wanted to go for quite some time - Bhutan. Sadly, due to work commitments and so on, I'm only able to spend about 48 hours in the country, which is probably not enough, but most certainly better than nothing.

I've reached out to a few travel agents, but most don't want to deal with a solo traveller not looking to spend an additional $500-$1,000 (on top of the mandatory $250 USD daily fee), because it's not cost effective for them to arrange private tours.

Would anyone happen to have had any experience with this and can suggest a local agent (out of the thousand or so government-approved ones)? Or by some chance, is anyone in Bhutan in late May so we can have economies of scale?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: most of them
I used Keys To Bhutan for my solo trip. But I was there 2.5-3 weeks. You don't say where you're coming from. But if it's Montreal then I think going all that way and expense to get there for just 2 days is completely insane.

As it is 2 days is barely any time at all. I suppose you could see Paro or maybe Thimphu. But that's pretty much it. It takes a long time to drive between places.

I'd say it seems more sensible to wait until you have at minimum a week to spend in the country.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:54 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Thanks. Definitely not from Montreal - I have work in Delhi, so I'm going to sneak out for a weekend pretty much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.