Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Checking in super early at Ngurah Rai (DPS - Bali)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:18 am
Original Poster

I'm leaving at 1AM on a Korean Air flight from DPS tomorrow. Because I need to check out of my hotel by 4PM essentially, I am thinking I will grab a light meal, and be at the airport by 5-6PM. I have a lot of work to do and wouldn't mind just being productive in the lounge for a few hours.

However, because KAL only operates one flight per day (I believe), I have a feeling that no one will be present at their check in desk. Im not checking any bags, and have checked in online already, but KAL will not issue me a mobile boarding pass for DPS (the message is mentioning that DPS does not accept mobile boarding passes, which makes sense) and is saying I need to get my physical boarding pass at the airport. Will I be able to go to the Garuda counter (or another Skyteam counter) and have them just print my boarding pass? I am concerned about showing up at the airport and then not being allowed to check in and being stuck outside of security for hours. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
1. Can't you print your boarding pass from OLCI? However, there's still the issue of whether DPS will accept that to let you go airside.

2. Can your hotel concierge help to answer some of these questions, such as when the KE check in counter opens?

3. Especially in places with evening flight departures, many luxury hotels have special lounges for guests before check in or after check out. Others will allow you to continue to use pool and spa facilities, etc. You might even be able to move into a basic room until it's time to leave if you've been staying in a suite.

4. I doubt that KE partners will be able to print your boarding pass unless there's a combined SkyTeam check in area, which I also doubt.

5. Are you sure that your hotel can't extend your check out time beyond 4pm? Have you asked?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
1. Can't you print your boarding pass from OLCI? However, there's still the issue of whether DPS will accept that to let you go airside.

2. Can your hotel concierge help to answer some of these questions, such as when the KE check in counter opens?

3. Especially in places with evening flight departures, many luxury hotels have special lounges for guests before check in or after check out. Others will allow you to continue to use pool and spa facilities, etc. You might even be able to move into a basic room until it's time to leave if you've been staying in a suite.

4. I doubt that KE partners will be able to print your boarding pass unless there's a combined SkyTeam check in area, which I also doubt.

5. Are you sure that your hotel can't extend your check out time beyond 4pm? Have you asked?
Hey - thanks so much for replying.

1. Unfortunately, I cannot print my boarding pass from OLCI. My KAL app gives me a 'voucher' of sorts and instructs me 'exchange' it (i.e. just re-check in') at the airport due to mobile/online boarding pass not being available at this particular airport (however it does give me a mobile boarding pass for my onward flight from ICN).

2. Hyatt concierge is being pretty unhelpful. They just keep telling me to come to the concierge desk tomorrow.

3. I do have the use of the spa facilities, pool etc. I just don't feel like showering in the gym after getting out of the pool (if I were to stay late). Once I get out to check out, I'm not going back in I think. I don't believe there is such a lounge here and unfortunately, the club is totally open air. Great for popping in for breakfast before heading down to the pool for the day and certainly captures that super tropical feeling. But totally not conducive for actually doing work without being assaulted by the blistering heat in clothes that I'll have to be in for minimum 12-14 hours until I get to the lounge at ICN (at which point I can shower and change before my flight to NY).

5. Yes - I asked like 4 people. I actually just got irritated about it again and so called and asked a 5th time. The only way to extend beyond that is to pay for an entire additional night. I'm def not doing that and I'm cool with checking out early, as long as I have a place to go (ideally the airport lounge).

If there were an area of this resort that wasn't open air (like a lounge), I would be fine with going to that place. But the whole resort is outside, thus leaving me with really no option...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.