Reload this Page >

Halong Bay cruises

Halong Bay cruises

Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

1 day halong bay tours from hanoi, vietnam

Hi,
Next week, I have bussiness in Hanoi, Vietnam during a week, i have only 1 day break, i want to visit Halong Bay and enjoy cruise one night. Any recommendation about how to get halong bay from hanoi and what's best cruise in there.?
Thanks in advance
Chris
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Hi,
First thing i have to told you that you can not travel around Halong by cruise in 1 day, you need 2 days at least with 1 night in cruise. Halong have many wonderful cruise for your choice such as Victoria cruise, Halong Charming cruise, Palace cruise and so on. You can visit Tripadvisor to find suitable tour and visit Halong-Bay-Tours to book tour as well. The last trip in Halong i also booked Charming cruise in there with good services and resonable price for 2 nights. About transfer, from Hanoi to Halong, you can catch bus (4-5hrs) or contact with tour agency who will have pick up you at your hotel.
Happy travels!
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:24 pm
EdC

Programs: BA Silver, Accor + Hilton Gold, YHA Life member
Most (if not all) cruises will offer or include a transfer from Hanoi. It's about 4 hours, including a 30 minute stop at a tourist rest station - lots of souvenirs and such, but also free toilets. You'll generally leave around 7-8am on day one, and return about 2-3pm on day two.

We've been with Emeraude, who were decent enough, but friends seem to have had a better experience with Indochina Junk and Treasure Junk. These are all mid-top end options that are likely to quote a starting price around $200 for single occupancy, meals, activities and some water but not drinks included (you mention that you're coming next week; you should be able to negotiate if they still have space).

If 2pm is too late a return, it's perfectly possible to do a one-day trip on Halong Bay. You won't see quite as much, and it'll be 8 hours or so of travelling for 4-5 hours on a boat, but perhaps better than no Halong Bay at all. Quick Google shows Indochina Junk, V’Spirit and at least a few others offer such a trip.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by chrisphh
Hi,
Thanks all for you advices, I found Indochina Junk at Halong-Bay-Tours, i am refering with it. I will spend one more day to travel around Halong by cruise.
I'm going to Vietnam in 3 weeks - I also just decided on Indochina Junk. I'm going with the Dragon Legend cruise - I kind liked that they go to Bai Tu Long bay which seems to be the route less traveled. You'll have to report back on your experience.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 10:45 am

We used Indochina-junk for our 1 night on Halong Bay - it was one of the highlights of a 42 day trip to Asia. We were on the Dragon Pearl Junk - it was small enough (20 persons) to not feel crowded, yet large enough to meet and get to know others. A great trip, incredible food, and best of all scenery that is out of this world!
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: most of them
I did Halong Bay as a day trip from Hanoi (way back in 2009). Was fine for me. It's a long-ish day. I seem to recall the drive from Hanoi being about 3 hours each way or maybe a little longer. We arrived at the docking area late morning. We had to wait a little while for our boat to jockey into position so we could board as it's a very crowded area. Then we spent a few hours cruising around as well as a visit to one of the cave complexes. Had lunch on the boat...way too much food. Then after cruising around a bit went back to shore and drove back to Hanoi arriving early evening.

So it can be done in a day.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Is Indochina Junk the only company that visits Bai Tu Long Bay? I went to Halong Bay in 2004 and want to go to a different location on my next trip.

Has anyone found other boat companies for Bai Tu Long that may be a bit less luxury?

Last edited by susiesan; Mar 9, 2016 at 10:30 am
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:55 am

I've done same day cruise, it can be done, it's just a long day that's all. About 3 hours driving each direction. Leave Ha Noi at 6AM, back at 3PM. Plenty of time to see Ha Long.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:27 pm
Suspended

I used a tour company named Buffalo Tours to make most of my arrangements in Vietnam - basically, everything other than the Sheratons that I booked directly using SPG points in Hanoi and HCMC.

They booked me on an overnight (2-day) Halong Bay tour cruise that I was quite happy with. But I'm not aware of any same day options - Buffalo Tours told me they had 2 day and 3 day options for Halong Bay (including transfers into and out of Hanoi).

http://www.buffalotours.com/

They also booked my hotels in Hue, Hoi An, a car driver from Hue to Hoi An with a stop at the Cham museum in Danang, and my domestic flights within Vietnam. I would happily recommend them.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 3:42 am

Programs: UA
I used Darian Culbert to book my last minute Halong Bay cruise and he got me a pretty good deal on Phoenix Luxury Cruise for the price of a deluxe leaving the next day. Arranged the transportation and everything too He might know about other cruises for Bai Tu Long Bay too.

Best deals are via email especially for last minute cruises. Very easy to deal with.

Would definitely not recommend an one day trip unless absolutely necessary.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: Skypass, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Asiana, Krisflyer, Etihad Guest, Velocity Rewards
Halong Bay cruises

Has anyone ever done an A class Stellar cruise on the bay?

Interested in finding out about drinks costs on board!
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Halong Bay is an amazing place in Vietnam, I visited Halong 1 year ago by Phoenix cruise during 3 days 2 nights with my girlfriend. It's so romantic. You can read more at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b00a3ae4ce7f7f
Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:03 am

looking for 2 day 1 night

we will be on a cruise ship for day and a half so we are looking for an overnight tour on bay
Old Aug 13, 2016, 7:47 pm

Drink prices on the Halong Silver Sea cruise I took this past April were very reasonable. Beers $2-$5 per bottle for local and import beers and wines were $4 and up a glass.

Great cruise on a newer boat. My only complaint was the bus ride from the cruise company from Hanoi to the dock was very uncomfortable, old bus and very small seats. I would recommend a sedan with a driver instead, worth the cost.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:38 am
Suspended

I see many cruises offered including visits to some places nearby Halong but you can't get all activities and places within only 2 days in Halong. Taking a cruise is best way for you to enjoy Halong in short time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.