Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

CMB Airport Hotel

CMB Airport Hotel

Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I will have about 7 hour layover at CMB, need to take out luggage and check in again as two separate tickets.

If I stayed in the transit hotel, what would happen to my luggage? Would some one from the hotel help me to keep the luggage at someone so I could collect it later?

Thanks
This is all new territory for CMB with the changes to OW through checking.

I'll see if my CMB TA can ask the serendiva people "nicely".

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
I will have about 7 hour layover at CMB, need to take out luggage and check in again as two separate tickets.

If I stayed in the transit hotel, what would happen to my luggage? Would some one from the hotel help me to keep the luggage at someone so I could collect it later?

Thanks
G'day @Ausriver - how did this work out in the end? Did the hotel sort your luggage out for re-tagging or what happened? Got about 9 hours between flights there next week and will be in the same situation. Happy to kill some time in the transit hotel.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Reds2011
G'day @Ausriver - how did this work out in the end? Did the hotel sort your luggage out for re-tagging or what happened? Got about 9 hours between flights there next week and will be in the same situation. Happy to kill some time in the transit hotel.
hi there,

wasnt able to tag tag through my luggage, so had to claim all the luggage.

We actually booked the Hilton hotel in the city. Return trip was easy. Couldnt use the transit hotel as needed to claim luggage.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:55 am

hi there,

wasnt able to tag tag through my luggage, so had to claim all the luggage.

We actually booked the Hilton hotel in the city. Return trip was easy. Couldnt use the transit hotel as needed to claim luggage.
Thanks for the update. Pretty much what I was afraid of unfortunately. I assume the transit desk wouldn't help either?

We have about 6 hours between arrival and check-in for the next flight so it's just that awkward period where it's not worth going into town or getting a hotel.

Might give the left baggage store a try and head to one of the hotels in Negombo for breakfast.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Thanks for the update. Pretty much what I was afraid of unfortunately. I assume the transit desk wouldn't help either?

We have about 6 hours between arrival and check-in for the next flight so it's just that awkward period where it's not worth going into town or getting a hotel.

Might give the left baggage store a try and head to one of the hotels in Negombo for breakfast.
There's a good Taj hotel as well near the airport called "The Gateway Hotel Colombo" https://gateway.tajhotels.com/en-in/...arden-colombo/

Is a 5 min run from the airport and might be more comfortable spot to spend some time at, until one needs to get back to the airport.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by quarryking
There's a good Taj hotel as well near the airport called "The Gateway Hotel Colombo" https://gateway.tajhotels.com/en-in/...arden-colombo/

Is a 5 min run from the airport and might be more comfortable spot to spend some time at, until one needs to get back to the airport.
Thanks @quarryking Didn't realise it was so close to the airport.

That looks like a reasonable option to have something to eat and kill a few hours. Think someone mentioned the same hotel in a different thread, and they charge like wounded bulls for the room, but will be fine for breakfast and a relaxing few hours as we won't need a room.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Thanks @quarryking Didn't realise it was so close to the airport.

That looks like a reasonable option to have something to eat and kill a few hours. Think someone mentioned the same hotel in a different thread, and they charge like wounded bulls for the room, but will be fine for breakfast and a relaxing few hours as we won't need a room.
There's another Taj in the city which is the "Taj Samudra".. the gateway is the one closer to the airport.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I slept once in the business class/Priority Pass lounge in the airport, but it wasn't very comfortable. I wonder if the transit hotel is still a good option?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.