Wiki Posts
Search

Close connection in RGN - opinions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2015, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecP
Close connection in RGN - opinions

The SO and I are travelling to Myanmar in a few weeks, with the intention of heading to Ngapali for a few days. She arrives in RGN from SIN at 920am. There is a flight on AirKBZ from RGN-SNW departing at 1030am.

I haven't been to RGN in the past 2 years, but I hear passport control has significantly improved, and transit times are extremely quick.

Taking into consideration the walk from the international terminal to the domestic terminal/garage, do you think this 70 minute connection is doable?

For what it's worth, EF shows the MCT for I/D at 45 minutes. Seems a bit optimistic.

We are very experienced travelers, with only carry-on luggage. If we miss it, we'll figure out a flight for the following day.

Thoughts?

Last edited by flying_q; Apr 29, 2015 at 4:33 pm
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:53 am

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
If you have your Myanmar visa in advance (not doing VOA) this should be easily doable. Domestic terminal is right beside Intl. Last time I took a domestic flight there I had to tip the baggage handler at check-in. After he tagged the bags he held his hand out. Figured $2 for two bags was better than having them go missing!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
For me it's a potential recipe for disaster and I would never do that. Any delay (even short) on the flight from SIN, any long line at immigration, any change of schedule for the domestic connecting carrier (very frequent) and you're screwed.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecP
Originally Posted by Goldorak
For me it's a potential recipe for disaster and I would never do that. Any delay (even short) on the flight from SIN, any long line at immigration, any change of schedule for the domestic connecting carrier (very frequent) and you're screwed.
While I agree, I'm going to chance it. With 5x departures the following day, we'll be able to get on some flight if we miss it.

AirKBZ takes 25% + $10 if a no show. Assuming (and I know this is a long shot) we can put that towards a new itinerary, it's a minimal financial risk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.