Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Bali humidity

Bali humidity

Old Mar 10, 15, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Bali humidity

What is the humidity like in Bali during the months of July, August, and September? I have never been in that part of Asia. The closest that I have come was in Singapore over New Years. I thought the humidity overthere was AWFUL.
Old Mar 10, 15, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Give Bali a miss then. You won't like it, or any other place around there.
Old Mar 10, 15, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by dieuwer2 View Post
What is the humidity like in Bali during the months of July, August, and September? I have never been in that part of Asia. The closest that I have come was in Singapore over New Years. I thought the humidity overthere was AWFUL.

I've had no problem during those months in that region of Indonesia. Now April is another story altogether.
Old Mar 10, 15, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I was thinking of going to enjoy the natural and cultural scenery, but having just read a negative trip report and thinking about the humidity I'm not sure if I should make the trek.
Old Mar 12, 15, 8:49 am

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
I was thinking of going to enjoy the natural and cultural scenery, but having just read a negative trip report and thinking about the humidity I'm not sure if I should make the trek.
Good drinking weather. It can give you a real thirst.
Old Mar 12, 15, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Earth. Residency:HKG formerly:YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL, BKK, SGN, CPT, UIO
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
If Singapore humidity over new years is unbearable for you then you can forget about the rest of SE Asia.
Old Mar 12, 15, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tentseller View Post
If Singapore humidity over new years is unbearable for you then you can forget about the rest of SE Asia.
I was in Thailand for Christmas and the weather was nice.
Old Mar 12, 15, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Earth. Residency:HKG formerly:YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL, BKK, SGN, CPT, UIO
I was in Thailand for Christmas and the weather was nice.
You decide.

I was just offering my opinion of someone who has travel extensively in the region for business, NGO volunteering and pleasure and my experience of the complaints of unbearable humidity from members of our entourage based in North America.
Old Mar 12, 15, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tentseller View Post
You decide.
I was just offering my opinion of someone who has travel extensively in the region for business, NGO volunteering and pleasure and my experience of the complaints of unbearable humidity from members of our entourage based in North America.
Thanks for that
I did find a website with numerous climate charts showing monthly humidity levels for different parts of SE-Asia. Thailand and Cambodia are the most "moderate" while Bali and Singapore are very humid.

Bangkok:

Denpasar:

Old Mar 12, 15, 3:56 pm

We've vacationed in Bali during July, and found it rather comfortable. Warm days (mid 80s), mild nights (75) and a near constant breeze. We stayed in Nusa Dua, if that makes a difference.

I'm not accustomed to heat, given I live on the cool California coast. We would have had no problems sleeping with doors and windows open, and no A/C.

The numbers may say it's humid, but I didn't find it bothersome in the least.
Old Mar 12, 15, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by work2fly View Post
We've vacationed in Bali during July, and found it rather comfortable. Warm days (mid 80s), mild nights (75) and a near constant breeze. We stayed in Nusa Dua, if that makes a difference.

I'm not accustomed to heat, given I live on the cool California coast. We would have had no problems sleeping with doors and windows open, and no A/C.

The numbers may say it's humid, but I didn't find it bothersome in the least.
Being on the windward side of the oceanfront makes a big difference when the wind is blowing the right direction.
Old Mar 12, 15, 9:05 pm

Programs: VA,GA, SQ, IHG, HH, Europcar
Humidity in those months - ...??

The wet season could include these months, October November December January, Feb and March.

The rest of the year is normally the dry season.

I always say that Bali has the best climate for lying by the pool, or sitting in a bar on the beach with a nice breeze.

As most of the hotels / resorts are beach front - they tend to block the breeze from the ocean - so once you leave the resort and wander around the streets or sit in a restaurant, the atmosphere can get a little close.

Every bar and restaurant has fans - just ask to sit under one or in the direction of the air, regular request and no one will have any issues assisting you with that.

All cars / taxi have air con so just ask for it to be turned on if not already.

I have experienced much worse humidity in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta and Ho Chi Minh city than I ever had in Bali.

(we have a holiday home in Bali and I have visited in excess of 20 trips at all different times of the year)
Old Mar 12, 15, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adampenrith View Post
I have experienced much worse humidity in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta and Ho Chi Minh city than I ever had in Bali.

(we have a holiday home in Bali and I have visited in excess of 20 trips at all different times of the year)
When I was in Singapore in early January one year ago, I was drenched in sweat within 30 mins. My pants and shirt were completely soaked. I had to change clothing constantly.
Old Mar 13, 15, 1:27 am

Programs: VA,GA, SQ, IHG, HH, Europcar
that is nasty and been there done that
never really experienced that in Bali - as long as you are not out walking long distances, or spending long hours in markets.
If you plan your time, with some tours, some pool or beach time, a spa treatment or two, its not to bad. The shops and markets are open daily from 10am till 10pm, and most of the temples are inland and a bit cooler.
I am not very fit and last december I did Besakih which is a huge temple complex set on the side of a hill.
Got a motorcyle ride up to the temple, from the car park, walked around and up the 1000 steps, took it slowly, no real drama.
In recent years I was more drenched last Saturday night in Sydney, marching in Mardi Gras from Hyde Park to the Showgrounds.
Do not let the threat of humidity stop you from enjoying Bali, we tend to sit by the pool during the day and go out for dinner at night and do a bit of shopping.
The bar scene at night is very good, so PM me for some details when you start planing your trip, and feel free to ask me questions as I know the island very well, and can make it a memorable holiday
Old Mar 15, 15, 9:36 am

Programs: most of them
I was in Bali and Singapore in October. I think Signapore is the most humid place I have ever been. And I've traveled all over SE Asia and lived in Florida. I don't remember feeling especially uncomfortable in Bali, but it is the tropics. It might help that there are mountains and the island is fairly small so you get more of a breeze. But it's also the case that I spent a good deal of time in the backseat of a car traveling with my guide to visit various sights. The sun is strong though.

Thailand in December can indeed be very pleasant in my experience.

It also helps to wear the right kind of clothes. There are lots of technical fabrics out there these days that do a good job wicking moisture and dry fast.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: