Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Nano prepaid sim for iPad [in Bali]

Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent

Heading to Bali in March and want to be able to use my iPad on the fastest possible network for about a week. simPATI is what I've continually read about, but everyone talks about it for an iPhone. The procedure for activating it requires a series of texting steps that can't be performed in an iPad.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a shop that will let me purchase and then activate for me on one of their phones?

The plan I've been reading about costs about 300,000rp for about 3GB of data at their "max" speeds.

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Feb 20, 2015 at 6:03 am Reason: Make title more specific
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: GA Gold, BA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Gold
There is a Telkomsel booth to the right after you exit customs. They can help you activate the card there. The starter pack costs Rp 200k for 3.5Gb data but I'm not sure whether the SIM card there is LTE ready or not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.