Exchange Currency at KUL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exchange Currency at KUL?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Question Exchange Currency at KUL?

Is there a remarkable difference between exchanging cash at KUL rather than waiting till I leave the airport?

Thanks so much!
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by InTokyo
Is there a remarkable difference between exchanging cash at KUL rather than waiting till I leave the airport?

Thanks so much!
What do you mean by "remarkable difference"?
Unless you are changing vast amounts of currency, nothing that will make or break your trip unless you are on such a tight trip that the odd dollar/pound/euro will make or break your budget.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
What do you mean by "remarkable difference"?
Unless you are changing vast amounts of currency, nothing that will make or break your trip unless you are on such a tight trip that the odd dollar/pound/euro will make or break your budget.
By remarkable, I guess around 10% more expensive.
Some airports really screw you and some have nearly identical rates as exchange facilities outside the airport.

I just don't recall how it is at KUL.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:10 am

YMMV, but I usually change my money at KL Sentral, which has a whole lane full of competitively priced money changers. You can pay for the KLIA Ekpres by credit card, so you don't need ringgit until you get there.

That said, the bank-run airport exchanges are also IIRC pretty competitive, you'll pay a bit more but I'm pretty sure it won't be 10% more.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:37 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, LH FTL, QR Silver, Hilton Diamond
I always use one of my credit cards for cash withdrawal in local curency. IMHO there is better exchange rate compared to cash exchange
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Lucentis
I always use one of my credit cards for cash withdrawal in local curency. IMHO there is better exchange rate compared to cash exchange
Don't cash withdrawals (advances) on cc's incur fees?

Did you mean to say debit (or ATM) card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.