Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

What's up with the prices of luxury hotels in Manila (MNL)?

What's up with the prices of luxury hotels in Manila (MNL)?

Old Mar 28, 19, 6:03 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by Felix Felicis View Post
Westin Manila Bayshore -- 2016
What happened to it though? Never opened.
Old Apr 8, 19, 8:26 am

I think you dont need very luxury hotel
Old Apr 11, 19, 7:44 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by deniah View Post
Wow. I just did a walk-up to the Hyatt Regency for 7000 PHP base rate, 8600 PHP all-in.
Hotel is smack middle of hooker central for better or worse.
Seriously? Hyatt is in a middle of nothing, there is no hooker area around since there is pretty much nothing around at all the building pops up on a roadside and hosts several hotels in it. There are few "bars" in a walkable distance across the road, but I wouldn't call it "hooker central". It's quite discrete and small.

Makati is a hooker central. It's very far from Hyatt.
Old Apr 14, 19, 12:52 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by barracuda93 View Post
Seriously? Hyatt is in a middle of nothing, there is no hooker area around since there is pretty much nothing around at all the building pops up on a roadside and hosts several hotels in it. There are few "bars" in a walkable distance across the road, but I wouldn't call it "hooker central". It's quite discrete and small.

Makati is a hooker central. It's very far from Hyatt.

Seriously, that post is 5 years old and the Hyatt you reference that exists now, is not the same Hyatt that existed then -- which has since been renamed New World Manila Bay Hotel, and indeed had street walkers (plural) within the 2 adjacent blocks who accosted me and other passerbys
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 19, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by deniah View Post
Seriously, that post is 5 years old and the Hyatt you reference that exists now, is not the same Hyatt that existed then -- which has since been renamed New World Manila Bay Hotel, and indeed had street walkers (plural) within the 2 adjacent blocks who accosted me and other passerbys
Sorry and thanks for clarification.