Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

5 Days in Kazakhstan

5 Days in Kazakhstan

Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

5 Days in Kazakhstan

My wife and I are going to have 5 Days in Kaz in December (not looking forward to the weather).

Flying both in and out of ALA, so we'll have to backtrack. I don't think there's that much to do in ALA to keep us occupied for 5 full days, so any suggestions for other trips are welcome. Is Astana worth the visit at all? I'd like to fly on a rare aircraft/airline if the price is right.

Any suggestions are welcome since we'd be going in completely blind.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: most of them
I have not been there, but Astana looks fascinating to me, just because of the pure audacity of it. And I like that sort of outlandish architecture. Not sure I would want to go there in December though
Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
If you don't require a visa, try visiting Bishkek. It's only a few hours away...
Old Aug 11, 2014, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lakers6902
If you don't require a visa, try visiting Bishkek. It's only a few hours away...
We don't, and the flight is only something like $60, so it crossed my mind. From what I can find online, it was cheaper than even flying to Astana
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
5 Days in Kazakhstan

Bishkek is much cheaper and when comparing the two, I preferred it over Astana.

Astana was way overpriced

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.