https://molina.imigrasi.go.id
Print Wikipost

Visa / VOA Info for Indonesia

Old Jan 9, 2007, 2:26 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I believe the VOAs are single entry.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 7:45 am

Consider the VOA like a tax - they try to get you as many times as possible. No such thing as multiple, you pay everytime you enter
Old Jan 9, 2007, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by dtsm
Consider the VOA like a tax - they try to get you as many times as possible. No such thing as multiple, you pay everytime you enter
Just wanted to clarify a little bit... Let's say you wanted to stay for 2 months. Could you leave the country at the end of the 30 days and enter again after a couple of days or so to get another 30 day VoA? Would this cause a problem?

Thanks so much!
Old Jan 9, 2007, 9:25 am

Programs: CO plat, BR gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by FlyerInCmh
Just wanted to clarify a little bit... Let's say you wanted to stay for 2 months. Could you leave the country at the end of the 30 days and enter again after a couple of days or so to get another 30 day VoA? Would this cause a problem?

Thanks so much!
There should be no problem at all leaving, returning and getting another VOA, however 60 day single and multiple entry visas (main difference is the fee) are also available in advance pretty easily from overseas consulates and embassies if you intend to stay 60 days. Limited stay visas up to a year are even fairly easily obtainable with more documentation and possibly in country sponsorship and are extendable once in country. So long as you are demonstrably well funded, Indonesia is not a difficult country to remain in.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 1:43 pm

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club
if anyone approaches u after u come out to the greeting area of the arrivals hall in cgk, then refuse any help that is offered, whether it be hotels, taxis or phone calls, even if the person who accosts u pretends to be working for the airport authority. trying to escape from the airport touts is probably the most annoying part of arriving in jakarta.

ian.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 2:03 am

U.S. citizen reentering Indonesia w/ New passport

Hi folks. This is my first post.

As a U.S. citizen, in late April (2009) I will be renewing my U.S. passport in California and bringing both the old and new books back with me to my permanent residence in Indonesia.

Does anyone know if Indonesia will accept the visa I have stamped in the old (and hence, unvalidated) passport? Or will I have to reapply? I will ask the immigration office here in Sulawesi, but I'd love to here from an American who may have experienced this in the recent past.

By the way- my Indonesian visa is KITAS, and is valid until December 2009.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 11, 2009, 9:38 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Merah, welcome to FlyerTalk. Let me move your post seamlessly to our Travel->Asia forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 1:21 pm

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
Visa on arrival

I'm going to be in Jakarta for 24 hours to do some speaking and technical demonstrations for clients -- I'll be carrying a couple of laptops and related gear. I won't be doing any "productive work".

Some colleagues, including some Indonesians, are insisting that I need get a visa before I depart, but all documentation I can find suggests I can get a visa on arrival for US$10. Has anyone had any trouble with that or are my colleagues just being paranoid?

Thanks
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by sinanju
Some colleagues, including some Indonesians, are insisting that I need get a visa before I depart, but all documentation I can find suggests I can get a visa on arrival for US$10. Has anyone had any trouble with that or are my colleagues just being paranoid?
They're being paranoid. Immigration doesn't care how many laptops you have, and Customs is looking for booze and drugs.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond

Thanks
If you are a US citizen, you just get your Visa on arrival. The counters are clearly marked right before immigration.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 3:24 am

I'm going to be in Jakarta for 24 hours to do some speaking and technical demonstrations for clients -- I'll be carrying a couple of laptops and related gear. I won't be doing any "productive work".

Thanks
FYI, the visa on arrival cost $25 USD oh and a bit of advice would be for you to handed them an exact amount.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 4:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by blessings1276
FYI, the visa on arrival cost $25 USD oh and a bit of advice would be for you to handed them an exact amount.
Actually, it is $10 for a visit up to 7 days (inc the day you entered) and $25 for a 30 day on arrival visa.

And yes, do pay in USD or you'll pay an exorbitant fx rate...also, bring exact change as there may be a chance you'll forget to pick up the change and it's gone forever (I am dopey that way, left $100 bill twice...no matter how much you fight, you will never get the change back...).
Old Jan 27, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Indonesia visa on arrival - no more 7 day

Read in Today (newspaper in Singapore), www.todayonline.com, 28 January.

It seems that Indonesia has discontinued the 7 day visa on arrival; the only visa on demand available now is one for 30 days. The 7 day visa was cancelled to reduce graft.

The price of the 30 day visa is US$25 (I presume that's in US currency; I recall they don't take rupiah).
Old Jan 28, 2010, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
The 7 day visa was cancelled to reduce graft.
Reduce? I think the objective is jack up the fee to enlarge the pie
Old Jan 28, 2010, 8:33 pm

On the plus side, you can now stay for 60 days:

The 30 day visa may be extended for a further 30 days by paying an additional US$25. The Visa purchasing system will take approximately 3-5 minutes per applicant. There are 6 payment counters, a bank and a money changer set up to process payments.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.