Reload this Page >

Recommended Driver in Siem Reap/Angkor Cambodia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommended Driver in Siem Reap/Angkor Cambodia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:58 am

We used Synon on a couple of days and liked him. Prices seemed reasonable compared to the other quotes I got, including from Darith Touch and another fellow named Sophen I found through TA. Synon charged us $30 for the grand circuit and another $10 for including Banteay Srei, the land mine museum, and Banteay Samre on the same day.

Sophen was chatty and our favorite driver, but his pricing was meaningfully above everyone else's apart from the first day when he picked us up from the airport and took us to the Rolous group and the floating village and a little bit around town for $40, so we didn't use him on subsequent days. Other than price though, we would recommend him.

We mostly used a tuk tuk within Siem Reap and only used a car for the far away temples (Banteay Srei, Beng Mealea, Koh Ker, and Grand Circuit, though the first and last one is also doable by tuk tuk) and the airport. For tuk tuks, we paid $15 for the whole day and $20 for a full day on the day we went to Angkor at sunrise. We arranged this tuk tuk through Sophen - his 'brother' Vi Sa drove us around and was fine - but presumably you can arrange one off the street.

Also found Siem Reap Shuttle's group tour to be perfectly adequate for the day I took a solo trip to Koh Ker and Beng Mealea without my +1. A lot cheaper even for a private car than Sophen, Synon, and Darith and since their group tours were fine (didn't feel rushed; half-decent guide), I presume the private cars would be too.

Lastly, this was the first time I saw it, but the restaurants near the temples with printed menus have negotiable prices! They will start to discount if you walk away to check out the competition!
Old Feb 3, 2023, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
We are traveling to Cambodia in May and will probably spend 3 days in Siem Reap. Does anybody have recent experiences with drivers / guides there? Would like to hire one for a day or two to explore Angkor Wat. Thank you!
Old Feb 9, 2023, 5:38 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Originally Posted by IAHFRAGirl
We are traveling to Cambodia in May and will probably spend 3 days in Siem Reap. Does anybody have recent experiences with drivers / guides there? Would like to hire one for a day or two to explore Angkor Wat. Thank you!
I've been traveling to Cambodia for 20+ years and have used Darith Touch many times as a driver/guide, including visiting more obscure temples.
[email protected].
+855 (0) 12 793 908‬

Feel free to contact me privately if you want details. (Ok for anyone really.)

Rich
rjhintz at gmail dot com
Old Jun 19, 2023, 9:18 am

Hi all

We found Synon through this forum so wanted to post to recommend him again for anyone else looking for a driver in Siem Reap. Synon took us anywhere and everywhere for our three day trip. He was a great and careful driver and very thoughtful too. He reccomended some great restaurants, he did Airport pick up/drop offs, found us a private guide for Angkor Wat, everything. When we said we found him online he said immediately “flyertalk?” so it is clear he remembers everyone that has come his way from here and is grateful for their business.

the town was very quiet when we were there, the temples also. I’d say it’s an excellent time to go and experience a world heritage site without the crowds.
Hoyaheel and ft4lyf like this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by krackersmaracas
Hi all

We found Synon through this forum so wanted to post to recommend him again for anyone else looking for a driver in Siem Reap. Synon took us anywhere and everywhere for our three day trip. He was a great and careful driver and very thoughtful too. He reccomended some great restaurants, he did Airport pick up/drop offs, found us a private guide for Angkor Wat, everything. When we said we found him online he said immediately “flyertalk?” so it is clear he remembers everyone that has come his way from here and is grateful for their business.

the town was very quiet when we were there, the temples also. I’d say it’s an excellent time to go and experience a world heritage site without the crowds.
Nice to hear he is doing well.
He is really a nice guy!
Old Jun 19, 2023, 10:19 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by ft4lyf
Nice to hear he is doing well.
He is really a nice guy!
Agree, so happy he's doing well and that so many of us enjoyed his services after learning about him here.
ft4lyf likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
I love this thread! First went to Siem Reap in 2002 when it was a pretty quiet town and very few hotels and restaurants (and we loved it like that!). We stayed in the Sofitel in the first few weeks of opening and all the power was by generator and everything was imported with the objective of building vegetable and flower gardens on the property. We are taking our daughter for a return trip in January and as usual, this forum has great advice and experiences. I also really love that someone that started out now has his own website and trip advisor page and that his service is still good. I of course cant believe the pricing of things in Siem Reap since our last time,. I am sure I will be surprised by the changes in the last 20+ years, and probably not for the better. A little off topic, my daughter is a vegetarian.. any good restaurant recommendations in siem reap for veg food? We did not get a chance to go to Tonle Sap last time - is it worth it to go out on the lake?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.