Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Reliable internet in Ho Chi Minh City hotel?

Old Oct 17, 13, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

I will be staying from 11-8/2013 to 11/11/2013 8pm flight departure somewhere in Ho Chi Minh City (not yet booked).

I need reliable internet on 11/11/2013 at 10AM.

Where should I stay to ensure this happens via wifi? Should I buy a data card sim?

It is an absolute must, and if I can't be on the internet at that time to a USA VPN for two hours I will need to leave the country early.
Old Oct 17, 13, 1:25 pm

I've never had a problem with internet in my hotel[s]: these include the Somerset Service Apartment and Hotel [two locations] and Duxton [small 3+ star], plus numerous free internet in the coffee shops.

http://www.nomadicnotes.com/travel-b...nh-city-cafes/

The Starbuck's of Vietnam is: Trung Nguyen Coffee. Go to their flagship shop in D1, near Diamond Plaza and check out their internet service.
Old Oct 17, 13, 10:20 pm

Programs: Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
The very nicest little hotel that I know of in Saigon is called the Ma Maison - not downtown, but rather between the train and the airport. Everything here is first class and they will make sure you have first class internet. (best breakfast in the city)
Old Oct 27, 13, 1:15 am

Vietnam’s largest city and its commercial hub, Saigon (also known as Ho Chi Minh) is a place on the move. With over 5 million scooters, a youthful population (75% are under 35) and a happening shopping and restaurant scene, it's a zingy, frenetic and fun place to be. It can also feel chaotic though, so a calm guesthouse to retreat to every night is heaven sent.

A 15-minute taxi ride from the city centre, down an alleyway flanked by playing children and bubbling pots of Pho, you’ll find Ma Maison. Originally a family home then refurbed into a guesthouse in 2009, most of the people who work here are related, lending this discreet spot a feeling of charming familiarity. The 12 rooms are spotless, air conditioned and WiFi'd up, and the beds are so comfortable they have to be amongst the best in town. Better still, each room has been lovingly decorated in the Vietnamese interpretation of Parisian, with glass jars of biscuits made by an aunt, quaint writing desks and white embroidered cushions. It's all beautifully looked after, and you will be too.