Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat
Christmas 2013: NYC to Burma to Hawaii to NYC - advice

I have a few variables I am weighing.

The wife and I want to fly NYC-Burma via BKK Dec 18th +/- day
hit 2-3 cities in Burma then fly to Hawaii Dec 28 +/- day
Hawaii to NYC Jan 4 +/- day.

We wouldn't mind stopovers in Seoul, Bankok, or Tokyo.

Which Award tickets:
I have enough points for biz on American, Delta, and United for the trip but with Korean air frozen out for Christmastime I would have to fly China Eastern/Southern on skyteam. i also favor lie-flat seats.

Burma on a budget:
Burma on $100 day for a couple?
we would likely have to include domestic air transfers in that.
any idea of the costs to fly oneways? is it cheaper to buy tickets there or is last minute too risky?
what would guides for a day cost?

Hawaii for the first timer:

I am going there for the nature and peace but I would like to have access to a couple nice restaurants and some kind of outdoor/athletic activity. I'm willing to hop to any island - would prefer to be able to use points for the flights (BA?).

Anything I should consider? Any suggestions for travel agents in Burma, best way to spend 7 days there, favorite island/place in Hawaii?

Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by jbwiggins
Hawaii for the first timer:

I am going there for the nature and peace but I would like to have access to a couple nice restaurants and some kind of outdoor/athletic activity. I'm willing to hop to any island - would prefer to be able to use points for the flights (BA?).

Anything I should consider?
Try Hawaii Forum.

Originally Posted by jbwiggins
Which Award tickets:
I have enough points for biz on American, Delta, and United for the trip but with Korean air frozen out for Christmastime I would have to fly China Eastern/Southern on skyteam. i also favor lie-flat seats.
MilesBuzz! Forum will get you the right, let alone more, replies w/r/t award redemption among FFPs.

Last edited by lin821; Aug 24, 2013 at 1:38 am Reason: adding 2nd part from the same quote

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.