Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

3 nights in Bali - what to do?

Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:18 am
Original Poster

I don't normally make threads like this, as I am usually pretty clued up on what to do in each destination. But I am only going to be in Bali for 3 nights, which gives me 3 full days to explore the island.

Can anybody give me an itinery of the main things to do?

I do not want any R&R on a beach, and I don't like shopping.

I am kind of interested in temples, but not overly so. What are the main temples to visit?

I will be based at the Conrad Bali Resort, which is in Nusa Dua, so all destinations need to be reachable from there by taxi preferrably.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 5:22 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
bump!

I was excited to see the thread title, but sad to see no responses. I will have a short trip (4-5 nights, likely) flying into DPS, and I wanted some basic recommendations for hotels, activities, etc.

Back to searching, I guess.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
JD: the lack of response to A380 is likely to stem from his thread in this forum .....

Bali activities are pretty much up to what interests you. You can do beach from honky-tonk to ritzy; culture in buckets full, and "activity".

Seminyak (my choice to relax) is a happy mix of easy-going tourist life and beach. Some prefer heading south of the airport to Jimbaran where there are a number of western chain hotels. Avoid Kuta (the resort between the airport and Seminyak.

Ubud, towards the centre of the island, is the focus for those more interested in "cultural" tourism and greener scenery. It's a little cooler than the coast.

You could easily sample both - and both have accommodation to suit all budgets.

The north coast is lovely, but probably too far for a short stay.

There's lots of good stuff on Tripadvisor.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: various
Originally Posted by janetdoe
I was excited to see the thread title, but sad to see no responses. I will have a short trip (4-5 nights, likely) flying into DPS, and I wanted some basic recommendations for hotels, activities, etc.

Back to searching, I guess.
Read some of the OP's other posts in this forum, and you'll understand why people are not inclined to take him seriously nor waste their time.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by jiejie
Read some of the OP's other posts in this forum, and you'll understand why people are not inclined to take him seriously nor waste their time.
Cruel, cruel ...
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
<redacted> I stayed at the Conrad as well and think you'll be able to appreciate <redacted> Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Apr 30, 2014 at 9:16 am Reason: RULE 7: diverting members to your blog - feel free to revise post
Old Jan 30, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Thanks for the tips! Our trip actually got extended to 7 days, so now I'm really excited. I think we'll be able to do a lot and still get some R&R time.

Has anyone tried to go fishing or hired a fishing charter?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:57 pm

my GF and i are going to be in Seminyak for three nights. What are some recommendations for nice restaurants this areas. She doesn't eat seafood =P
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt Gold, SPG lifetime
Originally Posted by snowrulezz
my GF and i are going to be in Seminyak for three nights. What are some recommendations for nice restaurants this areas. She doesn't eat seafood =P
try this : http://www.kudeta.net/
Old Mar 20, 2013, 1:28 am

Waterbom park which is a really good water park. Try that out on one of the days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.