Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Bali driver / car service recommendations

Bali driver / car service recommendations

Old Aug 6, 19, 6:54 am

Thank you FT for the recommendation of using Made. We used him twice on our trip, once for a day trip to Uluwatu, the other for a full day of exploring Ubud. Everything said in this thread was spot-on with Made. On time, engaging, so much information about Bali and its culture. I canít recommend him enough...
bsdstone likes this.
Old Sep 15, 19, 7:21 am

Programs: QF Platinum, CX Silver, A3 Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum (VA lounge access)
I'll definitely think about using Made's service on my Bali trip soon, given your raving review, yeahfoy. In the mean time, how can I find (and contact) this driver?
Old Sep 28, 19, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by antebellum View Post
I'll definitely think about using Made's service on my Bali trip soon, given your raving review, yeahfoy. In the mean time, how can I find (and contact) this driver?
https://maderealbalitours.blogspot.com/

After 5 years we decided to come back to Bali!

I would say at least once a month Made has written both my wife and myself to say hello and ask how we are doing (for the past five years). We've referred countless friends and family members to Made and they've all had extremely positive things to say. I plan on showing him all the positive reviews that have been left on Flyertalk since my original review as he has not gotten a chance to see all the positive messages that have been posted about his services.

Even though it's been five years Made has remembered all the things we've already seen on our past tours, our preferences, the restaurants and hotels we've been to, etc... He really goes above and beyond to provide a personalized Bali experience. We plan to give an updated review soon.
Old Nov 10, 19, 7:57 pm

Just wanted to give another positive recommendation for Made (https://maderealbalitours.blogspot.com/).
This was our second time using his services and this time around did two tours, two airport transfers, two hotel transfers, water purification ceremony, and also visited Made's home for dinner. Beyond his strong knowledge of the history and culture of Bali, Made has been a great resource to find alternative places to visit on tours that don't have large crowds (water falls, rice terraces, water purification ceremony, monkey forest, etc..). We were also impressed that he has gotten some photography training from a past guest. We also had a wonderful time at his home for dinner. Highly recommend you book early as his calendar fills up pretty quickly.

Old Nov 11, 19, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The dinners at Made's home are really something special. I'd have to say it was one of the highlights of our trip to Bali. An authentic experience of Balinese hospitality that you're unlikely to get with too many other folks (not that others aren't hospitable, i just don't think it happens!). PS - preparing Balinese satay on lemongrass is a lot harder than wood skewers!
Old Nov 12, 19, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I love the food in Bali. Those pics above look amazing.
Old Nov 19, 19, 6:40 pm

Traffic in Bali can be very bad, but I would highly recommend renting a motorbike (if you love the adventure :-)). It costs around $7 a day, but make sure to wear a helmet!
We recently went to Bali and visited a few places - there are amazing!

Also, personally I don't like Kuta. It's too crowded and very touristy. If you want to relax, I'd recommend Ubud (inland). We stayed at Ubud Dedari Villas, which is great and reasonably priced.

We also stayed at Hyatt Recent Regency Bali - awesome property!

You will have a great time there!
Old Jan 20, 20, 6:47 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Hello,

If you have been recently in Bali, could you please write what are average prices now for airport transfers from DPS to Ubud and back, as well as how much will it cost to hire a driver for 10 hours?
Old Jan 20, 20, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by invisible View Post
Hello,

If you have been recently in Bali, could you please write what are average prices now for airport transfers from DPS to Ubud and back, as well as how much will it cost to hire a driver for 10 hours?

https://maderealbalitours.blogspot.com/p/rates.html
Old Jan 20, 20, 9:56 pm

Thanks, but no thanks. It is 1.5x the prices I see on Klook. Guess I will stick with that then...
Old Jan 21, 20, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
If what you are after is an airport transfer you don't need to be looking online or at Klook. Just get a taxi at the airport. Heck even GoldenBird would be cheaper than the prices at that website for airport transfer.
Old Jan 21, 20, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by DeepUnderground View Post
If what you are after is an airport transfer you don't need to be looking online or at Klook. Just get a taxi at the airport. Heck even GoldenBird would be cheaper than the prices at that website for airport transfer.
What was the recent taxi prices you've seen from DPS to Ubud?
Old Jan 22, 20, 8:20 am

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by invisible View Post
What was the recent taxi prices you've seen from DPS to Ubud?
If you do a mock booking on the bluebird app DPS-Element Ubud, it shows 250-275k IDR estimate, which is about $20.

It's probably a better deal to get a driver for the day.
Old Feb 6, 20, 10:32 am

I don't remember I if I can back to this but thank you all for the recommendation.

Made couldn't make it because his family was preparing a celebration ( I forgot what it was) but he passed me to one of his drivers.

He was very kind and I did the touristy stuff. I got my pictures so I'm happy for that.

I told Made, I found him on FT and he was very happy to hear that.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: