Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Ask us about Malaysia travel…

Old Jun 9, 2012, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Hi, I saw some other thread about 'ask us about Phuket', so I decided to start this thread to answer your questions regarding hotels, transport etc for traveling in Malaysia=)
Old Jun 11, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Hi, I saw some other thread about 'ask us about Phuket', so I decided to start this thread to answer your questions regarding hotels, transport etc for traveling in Malaysia=)
I'll start, since i'll be visiting KUL next week.
1. What's the cheap/easy way from LCCT(Low Cost Carrier Terminal) to city (say, bukit bintang)?
2. What's cheap/easy way from city(bukit bintang) to Genting (for family of 12)?
3. Cheap laundry (by kilos preferably) around KLCC or bukit bintang area?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Hotel recommendations in Penang and Langkawi would be welcome.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tomy77
I'll start, since i'll be visiting KUL next week.
1. What's the cheap/easy way from LCCT(Low Cost Carrier Terminal) to city (say, bukit bintang)?
2. What's cheap/easy way from city(bukit bintang) to Genting (for family of 12)?
3. Cheap laundry (by kilos preferably) around KLCC or bukit bintang area?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, it's my pleasure to help=)

1. How many of you are traveling from LCCT to Bukit Bintang? The cheapest way will be taking shuttle bus to KL central and then change to LRT, the total cost will be about RM10 per person. May I know which hotel you are staying? So that, I can let you know which LRT station you can get out from=) But remember, this may take up some time and energy, looking for the correct LRT line to get on will need some help from the people around=)

Some information that maybe helpful=)
http://www.lcct.com.my/transportatio.../about-aerobus
http://www.myrapid.com.my/rail/routes

If you wanna save up some time and energy, and if you are traveling in a large group, then maybe you can try to ask for shuttle from your hotel, taking a taxi or prebook a private shuttle. But that would properly cost you up to RM20 per person=) You may wanna email some of the private shuttle providers.

Some information :
http://www.lcct.com.my/transportation/taxi-services
http://www.ahboontravel.com/content.php?p=aboutus

2. The cheapest would be taking the shuttle bus from KL sentral=)
http://www.gogenting.com.my/en/express/klsentral.htm

It's possible to get private shuttle as well, again price varies. Email the shuttle providers mentioned above for the price. It may cost up to RM25 per person.
However, personally I would recommend you to take the shuttle bus from KL sentral=)

3. From what I know they normally count it by piece including ironing, about RM5. I think the best thing to do would be ask your hotel stuff. It depends on where you are staying. Bukit Bintang is quite huge, and I don't think you wanna go from one corner to the other with bags of clothes=) There are a lot of laundry shops along Jalan Imbi and around Jalan Alor. Jalan Alor is I would say a must go place if you are looking for some nice and cheap local food, go at night yeah, it's more happening=)
Old Jun 12, 2012, 9:41 am

Hi, it's my pleasure to help=)

1. How many of you are traveling from LCCT to Bukit Bintang? The cheapest way will be taking shuttle bus to KL central and then change to LRT, the total cost will be about RM10 per person. May I know which hotel you are staying? So that, I can let you know which LRT station you can get out from=) But remember, this may take up some time and energy, looking for the correct LRT line to get on will need some help from the people around=)

Some information that maybe helpful=)
http://www.lcct.com.my/transportatio.../about-aerobus
http://www.myrapid.com.my/rail/routes

If you wanna save up some time and energy, and if you are traveling in a large group, then maybe you can try to ask for shuttle from your hotel, taking a taxi or prebook a private shuttle. But that would properly cost you up to RM20 per person=) You may wanna email some of the private shuttle providers.

Some information :
http://www.lcct.com.my/transportation/taxi-services
http://www.ahboontravel.com/content.php?p=aboutus

2. The cheapest would be taking the shuttle bus from KL sentral=)
http://www.gogenting.com.my/en/express/klsentral.htm

It's possible to get private shuttle as well, again price varies. Email the shuttle providers mentioned above for the price. It may cost up to RM25 per person.
However, personally I would recommend you to take the shuttle bus from KL sentral=)

3. From what I know they normally count it by piece including ironing, about RM5. I think the best thing to do would be ask your hotel stuff. It depends on where you are staying. Bukit Bintang is quite huge, and I don't think you wanna go from one corner to the other with bags of clothes=) There are a lot of laundry shops along Jalan Imbi and around Jalan Alor. Jalan Alor is I would say a must go place if you are looking for some nice and cheap local food, go at night yeah, it's more happening=)
Thanks for the suggestion.
We'll be staying at Westin, then DoubleTree.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion.
We'll be staying at Westin, then DoubleTree.
Just get "Monorail line" from KL sentral to Bukit Bintang station=)
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm sorry but I have only been to Penang once, as it's too far from my hometown. However, I would suggest you to play safe and stay at hotel chains in Penang and Langkawi, like SPG, Westin or Shangri-la, if your budget allow=)

Regards=)

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:59 am

Sorry, forgot to ask also.
How about SIM card? Which one's better/cheap?
Where can you get one (LCCT or Bukit Bintang area)?
Oh, and recommendations for Jalan Alor food also. Anything that stands out? Or just go where there's long line?
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, forgot to ask also.
How about SIM card? Which one's better/cheap?
Where can you get one (LCCT or Bukit Bintang area)?
Get it in LCCT airport, I think it saves you much of the trouble. About which company is better, I would suggest DIGI, the price is more or less the same actually, but DIGI line is more stable I would say=)

Feel free to ask me any questions=)

Old Jun 12, 2012, 2:04 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I am certainly following this closely as I’m off to Malaysia in 2013, and I very much appreciate Dolphinyong starting this thread.

If you don’t mind an unschooled opinion from one who has never been, I’ve come to the conclusion that for me, the Mrs. and the Jailettes: Cheong Fatt Mansion in Penang (although I’ll burn up some points at the Holiday Inn) and then the Andaman in Langkawi.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Hi, you're welcome. I forgot to mention on the thread heading that I'm more familiar with Kuala Lumpur and Melaka(Melacca), but I will try my best with the source available and personal experience on other places=)

Thanks for your opinion, that certainly help. Do provide us with some information after your stay at Penang and Langkawi=)

Regards=)

Originally Posted by Jailer
I am certainly following this closely as I’m off to Malaysia in 2013, and I very much appreciate Dolphinyong starting this thread.

If you don’t mind an unschooled opinion from one who has never been, I’ve come to the conclusion that for me, the Mrs. and the Jailettes: Cheong Fatt Mansion in Penang (although I’ll burn up some points at the Holiday Inn) and then the Andaman in Langkawi.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 7:08 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jailer
... (although I’ll burn up some points at the Holiday Inn)
I've stayed there but it was 5 years ago. I enjoyed it but it is a bit far from the airport.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:36 pm

Get it in LCCT airport, I think it saves you much of the trouble. About which company is better, I would suggest DIGI, the price is more or less the same actually, but DIGI line is more stable I would say=)

Feel free to ask me any questions=)
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Arriving 18:00 at KLIA. Will the train+taxi, train+LRT or taxi all the way be the fastest option to the Intercontinental (ex-Nikko, at Ampang) at this time of day. I'd like to get a shower before meeting frinds for dinner!

Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Hmm, that's super peak hours in downtown of KL and Bukit Bintang area, would recommend you to take KLIA express from airport to KL central, then take LRT from KL central to Ampang Park station. I would avoid taxi. If you are stuck in the traffic around that time, you might only be in time for supper with friends, haha=)

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Arriving 18:00 at KLIA. Will the train+taxi, train+LRT or taxi all the way be the fastest option to the Intercontinental (ex-Nikko, at Ampang) at this time of day. I'd like to get a shower before meeting frinds for dinner!

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.