Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask us about Malaysia travel…

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Petronas towers - just a tip for photographers. Walk across the park to the Traders hotel, up the 33rd floor to the Skybar. They have possibly the best view of the towers - and you can shoot without any safety glass between
Excellent tip. Did this exact thing yesterday afternoon based on your recommendation. Had a refreshing drink near the pool with hardly anyone else around; took so many pics of PT. Thanks for the spot-on tip. ^
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: SK EuroBonus, DL SkyMiles, AAdvantage
Might be having too much faith in humanity here, but is there something as a lost and found for taxis in JB I can contact? I think I left my wallet in the car after taking a taxi to my hotel. Don't have any receipt, license number or similar from the taxi, but I had several IDs in my wallet. I actually care less about the cash than the rest of the contents. Just having the driving license replaced will cost more than I had in there.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Hmm, I'm not familiar with this, sorry that I couldn't help. Maybe it's better to consult your hotel staff...

Originally Posted by Mandira
Might be having too much faith in humanity here, but is there something as a lost and found for taxis in JB I can contact? I think I left my wallet in the car after taking a taxi to my hotel. Don't have any receipt, license number or similar from the taxi, but I had several IDs in my wallet. I actually care less about the cash than the rest of the contents. Just having the driving license replaced will cost more than I had in there.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Sorry for late reply. I don't it's location is suitable for tourist, it's far from the tourist spot...

Regards.

Originally Posted by want2fly4less
Hi Dolphinyong,

I now booked the Premiera Hotel in Kuala Lumpur ( http://www.premiera.com.my/ ) . Is the location OK or is the location bad for a tourist ?

Regards

Want2fly4less
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by atLAS, aLAS
Up thread there are those who like the location at KL Sentral. There is a new choice if one likes this: Aloft (SPG) opened a few days ago. I am an SPG guy so I will be trying this hotel this weekend. It is only category 2, so I will cash in 3000 points per night. This seems good value as the paid rate is MYR 328++ at SPG.com.
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Staying at the Hilton KL right now, just across from the new Aloft. The Aloft looks like it has a great roof-top bar, if you stay, please report back.

^
^
Old Apr 7, 2013, 5:27 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Global Entry
I ended up staying three nights at the Aloft, and I was happy. The location, at KL Sentral, is very convenient, since I was using public transportation. Because the hotel is brand new, occupancy is quite low now, so the service I got was very good; the staff are not busy. I did not spend much time in the hotel, so I know nothing about the facilities like its rooftop bar. But I will certainly be returning to this property.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
First time to Kuala Lumpur

Heading to KL on our way home from Bali for 48 hours

staying at the Intercont - we have tickets prebooked for Petronas Towers -

what do the experts recommend we do to make the most of this time
Old Apr 25, 2013, 5:38 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
There's an existing excellent thread about KUL.
Link
There's an FT member that's familiar with the area. Might want to head there.

Originally Posted by adampenrith

Old May 1, 2013, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA,AF,BA
Hi, this relates to flying into Redang via Singapore. Do you know if there is an interline agreement between EVA and Berjaya?

I have a 2hr connection. I'd prefer not to have to clear immigration, etc, just to recheck a bag.
Old May 2, 2013, 4:22 am

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by adampenrith

I'd recommend heading to Jalan Alor for some authentic street food and very good prices. A trip up to Marinis on 57 will get you some wonderful views of the twin towers and the park. They have a high speed elevator that will get you up there very quickly. As far a sightseeing goes they do have a "hop on/off" bus that will take you all over town too. KLCC is now linked via an airconditioned walkway to the Pavillion mall which takes no more than 10 mins. If you're in to nightlife then Changkat Bukit Bintang may be a good place to start.
Old May 5, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Awesome thanks for that advice
Old May 6, 2013, 2:25 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Hello,

Asked this in another thread. We are living in Singapore. I was thinking together with my wife fly to Penang from Singapore, spend couple of days there, rent a car and drive down south, stopping at Cameron Highlands, KL, Malacca and other places (please feel free to suggest) returning to JB. All trip should last about 9-10 days.

What do you think about the idea? How difficult and reasonably is it to implement?

If this road trip makes sense, what one should aware off? Where to stay (we plan to travel on budget - stay on wimdu/airbnb places), what to see, what to take, etc.

All suggestions welcome. If road trip does not make sense for variety of reasons (logistics, expense level, crime, etc) what would you recommend then for 9-10 vacation in Malaysia?
Old May 11, 2013, 4:13 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Hi, don't get me wrong, Shang-ri la is definitely everyone's dream hotel in Kuala Lumpur, just to be aware of the location if you're using the public transport=)

For the Airport taxi coupon, check it out here, and yeah, for tourist, it's better to get the coupon although the locals could get a bit cheaper price with metered taxi=) And this is the link of the company : http://www.airportlimo.my/content.php

Enjoy your stay, and please kindly provide your feedback, it will be very much appreciated=)
Am at the lounge at the Shangri La KL right now. It's by far the nicest lounge We've been to compared to Hilton/SPG/marriott offerings in SE Asia. Very quiet and sophisticated with a great selection of food during high tea 3-5pm and cocktail from 5-7pm. Excellent sashimi, scallops, foie gras, french cheeses, etc. Was upgraded to a suite with a view of the petronas towers. True, there is not much interesting in the direct vicinity of the hotel, but Bukit Nanas monorail is a 5 minute walk away, and we walked from Pavillon using the skywalk to KLCC Traders and then the shangri la one night. Some shady looking bars near the intersection though. Suria KLCC is a 10-15 minute walk. We liked the Lot 10 Hutong food court although it's mainly chinese food and we were looking for more Malay vendors. Overall a great value stay for a true 5 star experience at about $220 a night in a suite with lounge access/ breakfast. We also tried the (pricey) airport pickup where we were met directly at the gate upon our arrival. The SL representative has security clearance so he even assisted us from the gate, to the baggage claim, to the hotel car which has in car wifi. Took an hour from the gate to the hotel where we went directly to our room for check in. A great ending to our 2 week visit to Malaysia. Sabah was really great for wildlife also. Feel free to PM for more info.
Old May 11, 2013, 11:10 am

I really didn't know where else to post this question, and I didn't want to make a new thread, but I have one question about flying with Malaysia Airlines. If we book a flight to Bangkok via Amsterdam and Kuala Lumpur, is it possible to skip one section of the trip or does that automatically cancel the whole reservation? We were thinking about staying in Kuala Lumpur, continue on with a train to Bangkok and return from there. Is it possible if we dont have any cargo luggage? I couldn't find anything on the rules of the ticket..
Old May 11, 2013, 11:15 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by JMSIM
If we book a flight to Bangkok via Amsterdam and Kuala Lumpur, is it possible to skip one section of the trip or does that automatically cancel the whole reservation?
It will auto cancel the rest of your ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.