Reload this Page >

Ask us about Malaysia travel…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask us about Malaysia travel…

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2012, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:08 am

For big travelling groups that requires 2 - 3 or more rooms, can consider the 2 or 3-bedroom serviced apartments with ascott or somerset. The serviced apartment comes with living room, kitchen, washing machine, etc. And the price wise would most likely be cheaper than booking 2 or 3 separate hotel rooms. Good for family.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
What is the best (i.e., most luxurious, with best views) hotel in Melaka?

The Renaissance Melaka is leaving the Marriott chain as of January 1 and will no longer be giving any Marriott Reward benefits or points. So I'm thinking of canceling my reservation there if there is a better option.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:28 am
Original Poster

If you are saying which is the BEST regardless of the price, I would vote for Casa Del Rio Melaka. It's located by the river (get the river-view room) and within walking distance (2mins?) to the Jonker street where you would find the cream of local culture=)

Do report back about your trip to this thread after your trip, if you have some time, please=) That would definitely help the others=)

Regards=)

Originally Posted by beachfan
What is the best (i.e., most luxurious, with best views) hotel in Melaka?

The Renaissance Melaka is leaving the Marriott chain as of January 1 and will no longer be giving any Marriott Reward benefits or points. So I'm thinking of canceling my reservation there if there is a better option.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:49 pm

What is the cheapest way from KLIA to Jalan Kamuning?

hi, i will be going to KL and would like to ask what is the cheapest way to travel from KLIA to Jalan Kamuning for 2 persons. i'm thinking of taking the airport coach bus, get off at bukit bintang, and then taking a cab from there to jalan kamuning. unless it's a walking distance from BB to jalan kamuning. thanks.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

It's about 15mins walk from Bukit Bintang Monorail station to Jalan Kamuning. If you are going to some hotels there, you might wanna check out starwira.com to see whether they have direct shuttle to your hotel or not.

Regards.

Originally Posted by liz0707
hi, i will be going to KL and would like to ask what is the cheapest way to travel from KLIA to Jalan Kamuning for 2 persons. i'm thinking of taking the airport coach bus, get off at bukit bintang, and then taking a cab from there to jalan kamuning. unless it's a walking distance from BB to jalan kamuning. thanks.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:23 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Is there still a Xinjiang restaurant in Kuala Lumpur? I recall eating at one two years ago on a street where restaurants would set up tables, and that was the odd child out. It was decent, and the owner told me they were thinking of expanding to Singapore. Who knows...
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:23 am
Original Poster

I'm sorry that I can't help on this, maybe some other FTers could help=)

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Is there still a Xinjiang restaurant in Kuala Lumpur? I recall eating at one two years ago on a street where restaurants would set up tables, and that was the odd child out. It was decent, and the owner told me they were thinking of expanding to Singapore. Who knows...
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:52 am

There are many nice food at Petaling Street also, aka Chinatown or Chee Cheong Kai. The KL hokkien mee, BBQ seafood and ipoh horfun are few of my favourites there.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 8:48 am
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
Ask us about Malaysia travel=) (familiar with Kuala Lumpur and Melaka(Melacca))

Hello I am traveling by sir Asia from Siem rep to Singapore on November 25 and has a stop over for 10 hours in kula lumpur and would like to do some site seeing Can you please recommend what to do see and how to go about it we will have carry on bags with us so are there any way of storing at the airport and if I want to rent a car and driver for 8 hours what are their rates any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2012, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Hi, so sorry for this late reply, I was kinda busy this few days...sorry...

Have a look at the link for luggage storage : http://www.lcct.com.my/facilities/lo...uggage-storage

I think u r flying by Air Asia for both flights, right? You can try to ask whether you can check your baggage in for both flights at once in Siem Rep so that you don't have to check-out and in your luggage at KL...Not sure about that though...

Where to go for 8 hrs? You might be interested in places like the Twin tower, KL tower, Merdeka Square and some shopping in Bukit Bintang perhaps?

I wouldn't suggest you to get the private charter...it won't be cheap, about USD 100 to USD 120 per day I guest...

Instead, you can get airport shuttle bus from LCCT airport to KL central, which runs frequently and very cheap. For KL central, you can easily take the LRT/Monorail to those attractions...Alternatively, you can take the Hop-on and off bus from KL sentral which will bring you to the attractions in KL...http://www.myhoponhopoff.com/tourmap.php

Save those extra money for nice food in KL=) Try 'Lot 10 Hutong' located in Bukit Bintang shopping area where all the best local food gather=) It's air-conditioned, no worry=)

If you prefer the chartered service, try to ask the taxi at the airport, maybe they can offer you better price? Not sure about that though...

Please report back about your trip after you get back ya...That will definitely helps the others=)

Sorry again for the later reply.

Regards,
Dolphinyong

Originally Posted by gotofly
Hello I am traveling by sir Asia from Siem rep to Singapore on November 25 and has a stop over for 10 hours in kula lumpur and would like to do some site seeing Can you please recommend what to do see and how to go about it we will have carry on bags with us so are there any way of storing at the airport and if I want to rent a car and driver for 8 hours what are their rates any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:28 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
Hello,

I arrive at KUL airport on Friday 18th January at 6am and depart from KUL airport on Saturday 19th January at 11.50pm.
I am looking for 2 rooms for 4 adults.
We will arrive early at the hotel at around 8am.

What hotel do we have the best chance of an early check in and late check out.

At the moment I am thinking of staying at The Westin using Cash+Points as it has a great location. I am SPG Gold and also an IHG Priority Rewards Platinum Ambassador.

Kind Regards

Robert Adams
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I think it's better to email those hotels to ask about it. With the elite status you have, it shouldn't be a problem. Westin has the best location among your list I would say.

Personally, I got to check in early (10am) at JW Marriott KL=)

Regards.

Originally Posted by WEEBOBBY
Hello,

I arrive at KUL airport on Friday 18th January at 6am and depart from KUL airport on Saturday 19th January at 11.50pm.
I am looking for 2 rooms for 4 adults.
We will arrive early at the hotel at around 8am.

What hotel do we have the best chance of an early check in and late check out.

At the moment I am thinking of staying at The Westin using Cash+Points as it has a great location. I am SPG Gold and also an IHG Priority Rewards Platinum Ambassador.

Kind Regards

Robert Adams
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: VA Gold
Hi

I'm coming to Malaysia for 4 days in March for the Formula 1 Grand Prix. I am trying to figure out where to stay. I was leaning towards the Doubletree or Traders near the KLCC, but now I am thinking of the Le Meridien at Sentral because of the convenience to the KL Transit which is very well priced and convenient to get to/from the circuit (no traffic to worry about ).

However I have heard that Sentral is a bit of a dodgy area i.e. lots of pickpockets etc.

Do you have an opinion on this and also where I should stay? I will be arriving late on Thursday and departing Monday afternoon - so Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be spent out at Sepang. I will have the evenings to have a small look around KL though, I have never been to Malaysia before.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Hi, if you are not interested in KL downtown at all (shopping, pub etc), then maybe you can just spend your time in quiet Sepang area, like the 5-stars Pan Pacific hotel, but I don't think you have anything else to do in Sepang besides the race.

Alternatively, you can have a look of Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, which is about 20minutes to Sepang. It's a resort, so you would have something to do outside the race-time.

Or you can just stick with Le Meridian KL, it's connected to the KL central station (5minutes walk)...It's through that you have to watch out for pickpockets and some teenagers asking for 'charity donation' around downtown KL (just ignore them, it's a well-known scandal around that area), but it doesn't make much difference which part of KL you wanna stay at. Perhaps, Le Meridian KL would be safer as it's connected right to the station...

Hope it helps, and do report back about your trip=)

Regards.

Originally Posted by Must...Fly!
Hi

I'm coming to Malaysia for 4 days in March for the Formula 1 Grand Prix. I am trying to figure out where to stay. I was leaning towards the Doubletree or Traders near the KLCC, but now I am thinking of the Le Meridien at Sentral because of the convenience to the KL Transit which is very well priced and convenient to get to/from the circuit (no traffic to worry about ).

However I have heard that Sentral is a bit of a dodgy area i.e. lots of pickpockets etc.

Do you have an opinion on this and also where I should stay? I will be arriving late on Thursday and departing Monday afternoon - so Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be spent out at Sepang. I will have the evenings to have a small look around KL though, I have never been to Malaysia before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.