Ask us about Malaysia travel…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask us about Malaysia travel…

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: SQ
Dolphinyong, glad to see you are back, as I am in need of a bit of urgent assistance/advice. I've made all the arrangements to visit the Perhentians in a little over a week, from August 20-24, only to discover when trying to find a place to stay that it's a major travel time for Malays. I've emailed 5 properties and all are booked.

Any ideas, suggestions?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Your travel dates fall exactly on the week of school holidays and Malay New Year holidays,that's why they are all fully booked. I will try to ask my friends and search for some websites in Malay language, hopefully I can find some nice properties for you.

Regards.

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Dolphinyong, glad to see you are back, as I am in need of a bit of urgent assistance/advice. I've made all the arrangements to visit the Perhentians in a little over a week, from August 20-24, only to discover when trying to find a place to stay that it's a major travel time for Malays. I've emailed 5 properties and all are booked.

Any ideas, suggestions?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Dolphinyong,

What bus do you recommend to go from KL to Malacca for a day trip, going in the morning and returning late afternoon ?

Do you know if the Red Panoramic Bus stops near famous Tau Sar Piah bakery ?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Your travel dates fall exactly on the week of school holidays and Malay New Year holidays,that's why they are all fully booked. I will try to ask my friends and search for some websites in Malay language, hopefully I can find some nice properties for you.

Regards.
Thanks so much!

I'm 0/7 so far on the Perhentians, although I managed to find an average-looking place on Redang (not our top choice) for half of the dates.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Hi, benzemalyonnais, I have contacted my friend staying in the city situated near to Perhentian island. Meanwhile, I did some searching online, even on Malay language websites, the accommodation offered is really limited, and those which are available are mostly homestay style. Maybe you wanna consider the property on Lang Tengah island, like the Sari Pacifica Resort Lang Tengah Island, it's available for last two nights of your travel date. Lang Tengah island itself is very nice and it's just 2.6km from Perhentian island.

I will get back to you once I got some news from my friend=)

Thanks so much!

I'm 0/7 so far on the Perhentians, although I managed to find an average-looking place on Redang (not our top choice) for half of the dates.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Hi, asiadxer,

I prefer KKKL personally, but of course, you better check out the schedule=)

Hmm, I'm not sure which Tau Sar Piah bakery are you talking about. We, the Malaysian, when you talk about Tau Sar Piah, everyone will ask to go to Penang. But well, you can give me the address or the name of it, then I will ask my friend in Melaka. I know that everyone who visit Melaka would like to check out 'San Shu Gong', which is famous of the local delicacies, like Kuih Dodol etc. It's located at the end/beginning of the Jonker street. Try out Asam Laksa at Jonker88 along the Jonker street, don't be shocked by the queue by the way. It's a bit spicy though.

Hope it helps somehow. Feel free to ask me any question=)

Regards,
Dolphinyong=)

Originally Posted by asiadxer
Dolphinyong,

What bus do you recommend to go from KL to Malacca for a day trip, going in the morning and returning late afternoon ?

Do you know if the Red Panoramic Bus stops near famous Tau Sar Piah bakery ?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:25 am

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Hi, asiadxer,

I prefer KKKL personally, but of course, you better check out the schedule=)
KKKL schedule looks good, every 30 minutes KL-Malacca-KL.
Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:30 pm

Hi, benzemalyonnais, I have contacted my friend staying in the city situated near to Perhentian island. Meanwhile, I did some searching online, even on Malay language websites, the accommodation offered is really limited, and those which are available are mostly homestay style. Maybe you wanna consider the property on Lang Tengah island, like the Sari Pacifica Resort Lang Tengah Island, it's available for last two nights of your travel date. Lang Tengah island itself is very nice and it's just 2.6km from Perhentian island.

I will get back to you once I got some news from my friend=)
I checked out Lang Tengah - seems to be OK, and would be a reasonable back-up plan. We're pretty set on the Perhentians as the #1 choice. What would be the probability of just showing up, and actually finding a room for the 4 nights. I have read online that half of the resorts on the smaller island don't accept reservations and cater more to the backpacker crowd. At this point, backpacker or luxury, I'll take whatever I can get....
Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Hi benzemalyonnais, it's about risk-taking then. You might be lucky to find one when you reach Perhentian island. I couldn't decide for you in this case, for me, I'm someone who would choose to play safe. Just a reminder for you, Malaysia summer school holidays fall between 16 Aug till 26 Aug, besides, 19 Aug till 21 Aug is public holiday for Malay New Year at the same time, in other words, these days are super peak period.

Maybe you can book some cancellable reservation at some resorts available 1st while hunting for properties on Perhentian island when you reach there. It's totally up to you.

My friend tried to look for some available resorts through local travel agent, but still no news yet, sorry for that.

Good luck!

Regards,
Dolphinyong

I checked out Lang Tengah - seems to be OK, and would be a reasonable back-up plan. We're pretty set on the Perhentians as the #1 choice. What would be the probability of just showing up, and actually finding a room for the 4 nights. I have read online that half of the resorts on the smaller island don't accept reservations and cater more to the backpacker crowd. At this point, backpacker or luxury, I'll take whatever I can get....
Old Aug 21, 2012, 6:22 am

Sorry if these answers have already been discussed:

1. Possible for a daytrip to Taman Negara from KL and return same evening?
2. How difficult is it to get to Sunway Lagoon from KLCC?
3. How bad is the monkey problem at Batu Caves?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
Could anyone give me a 5 star hotels which offer early check in as we are doing a stop over for 1 night and our flight from the Melbourne gets to Kuala Lumpar at 6am in the morning and would need a early check in. Thanks
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:50 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
LE MERIDIEN KUALA LUMPUR offer the following ;

Early Check in

Request has to be made at least 2 days prior to arrival for instant confirmation. Early check in charges as below applies:

Standard check in time 3pm: No charge

Confirmed early check in between 10am and 2pm: MYR 75++ (no meal included)

Confirmed early check in between 7am and 10am: MYR 150++ and includes complimentary breakfast at Latest Recipe

Confirmed early check in before 7am: Full room rate (pre-block)
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:37 am
Original Poster

1. Hmm, I would say it would be enough to have a day trip at Taman Negara. More than that would be tiring isn't it?

2. Taking taxi is easy but it won't be cheap as it's kinda far. For public transport, take LRT from KLCC to Kelana Jaya then take bus U623 to Sunway Lagoon, it's cheap and not that hard.
http://jp.myrapid.com.my/#from=4277&to=1483&prefer=rail

3. Monkey problem is not that bad if you compare to those in Bali,haha...It definitely worth a visit to Batu Cave, the monkey will welcome you nicely there=)

Originally Posted by A380 Flyer

2. How difficult is it to get to Sunway Lagoon from KLCC?
3. How bad is the monkey problem at Batu Caves?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:41 am
Original Poster

It depends on when is your traveling period. If it falls during the weekdays, it won't be a problem for you to get an early check-in at most of the hotels. I got to check-in at 10am in JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur with no additional charge=) Just send the hotel an email and I'm quite sure that the hotel would offer you the early check-in=)

Originally Posted by WEEBOBBY
Could anyone give me a 5 star hotels which offer early check in as we are doing a stop over for 1 night and our flight from the Melbourne gets to Kuala Lumpar at 6am in the morning and would need a early check in. Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by A380 Flyer

1. Hmm, I would say it would be enough to have a day trip at Taman Negara. More than that would be tiring isn't it?
Absolutely not - it's around three hours to Jerantut and then another couple of hours on the boat upriver. Factor in the return and it's basically a full day of travel... that's tiring - in fact it would be less tiring overnight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.