Wiki Posts
Search

Ask us about Malaysia travel…

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Hmm, that's super peak hours in downtown of KL and Bukit Bintang area, would recommend you to take KLIA express from airport to KL central, then take LRT from KL central to Ampang Park station. I would avoid taxi. If you are stuck in the traffic around that time, you might only be in time for supper with friends, haha=)
Thanks Dolphin Of course, immigration/baggage might delay me a bit as well - what time does rush hour die down? I can't believe the LRT is much fun at peak times...
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Just saw this thread, its very useful!

Im wondering what is fastest/cheapest mode of transport from/to KLIA to my hotel in KLCC? is it LRT + Airport Express train? My flight leaves KLIA at 13:30, what time do you think id need to leave my hotel?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Thanks Dolphin Of course, immigration/baggage might delay me a bit as well - what time does rush hour die down? I can't believe the LRT is much fun at peak times...
Bukit Bintang is busy the whole night, I really wouldn't wanna risk to be on the road. I was stuck in the traffic twice, once around Shangrila KL area around 8pm for about 1 to 2 hours, and another time around the area at late night, I was stuck there for hours, you can move faster on foot, seriously.

The LRT would be busy, but the frequency would be high, so not a big problem actually. Just be aware of your belongings, it's the same rules to be obeyed when travelling at any underground or whatsoever in every corner of the earth=)
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CX828
Just saw this thread, its very useful!

Im wondering what is fastest/cheapest mode of transport from/to KLIA to my hotel in KLCC? is it LRT + Airport Express train? My flight leaves KLIA at 13:30, what time do you think id need to leave my hotel?
If you are talking about fastest than it's definitely KLIA express + LRT, but if you are taking about cheapest then you might wanna take the shuttle bus from KLIA to KL sentral then take the LRT to the station near to your hotel. This is the link : http://www.klia.com.my/index.php?opt...=article&id=11

Or you can check out whether your hotel is in the list of this shuttle company which provide shuttle from/to KLIA directly to the hotel.
http://www.starwira.com/
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Hmm, that's super peak hours in downtown of KL and Bukit Bintang area, would recommend you to take KLIA express from airport to KL central, then take LRT from KL central to Ampang Park station. I would avoid taxi. If you are stuck in the traffic around that time, you might only be in time for supper with friends, haha=)
Oh, no. i'll be arriving also around that time.
How hard is it to switch from KLIA expres to LRT at KL Sentral? I originally thinking of just getting taxi from KL sentral to BB, since i have luggage. How much walk is it?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Hi, tomy77, how many of you are traveling from KLIA to Westin KL hotel? KLIA express is kinda expensive if you are not rushing. It cost 35MYR per person and you need go from LCCT to KLIA by shuttle or taxi for the KLIA express, it would take you another 20 to 30 minutes.. However, it wouldn't be hard to change from KLIA express to LRT at KL sentral, they are in walking distance, just follow the signs or ask the people around=)

If you are traveling in a huge group of people, you might also wanna consider having shuttle directly to your hotel provided by this company : http://www.starwira.com/
It costs you MYR18 per person all the way from KLIA to your hotel.

On what day do you arrive? If you are arriving on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, the traffic at night would be very heavy. If you are arriving on weekdays, it should be fine after 8pm I would say=)

Do report back on the traffic condition once you get back please, your information is highly appreciated=) Hopefully the bus shuttle company has some 'magic route' to avoid the traffic=)

Regards=)

Originally Posted by tomy77
Oh, no. i'll be arriving also around that time.
How hard is it to switch from KLIA expres to LRT at KL Sentral? I originally thinking of just getting taxi from KL sentral to BB, since i have luggage. How much walk is it?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:31 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
My family will be arriving early in the morning in LCCT. Not sure yet how they going.
I thought it's RM12.5 from LCCT to KL Sentral?
Which includes free shuttle bus from LCCT to KLIA (then KLIA express).
http://www.kliaekspres.com/erlsb/LCC...3/Default.aspx

I'll be sure to let them know also about that bus shuttle option.

I'll be coming in later by myself, and actually i think i'll be arriving in KLIA instead. I figure the train is faster for me.
edit: I'll be coming in weekday.

Thanks for all the info.
I'll do some more research as well.

Hi, tomy77, how many of you are traveling from KLIA to Westin KL hotel? KLIA express is kinda expensive if you are not rushing. It cost 35MYR per person and you need go from LCCT to KLIA by shuttle or taxi for the KLIA express, it would take you another 20 to 30 minutes.. However, it wouldn't be hard to change from KLIA express to LRT at KL sentral, they are in walking distance, just follow the signs or ask the people around=)

If you are traveling in a huge group of people, you might also wanna consider having shuttle directly to your hotel provided by this company : http://www.starwira.com/
It costs you MYR18 per person all the way from KLIA to your hotel.

On what day do you arrive? If you are arriving on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, the traffic at night would be very heavy. If you are arriving on weekdays, it should be fine after 8pm I would say=)

Do report back on the traffic condition once you get back please, your information is highly appreciated=) Hopefully the bus shuttle company has some 'magic route' to avoid the traffic=)

Regards=)
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Some information for taxi from/to KLIA

Check out this websites if you are looking for taxi.
http://www.taxi-klia.com/
Old Jun 13, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: SQ *gold / Starwood
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Hotel recommendations in Penang and Langkawi would be welcome.
In Penang:
G Hotel on Gurney Drive or Yeng Keng Boutique hotel right in the heart of Georgetown. Georgetown is MUCH more interesting and a great area to stay.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 3:10 pm
Community Director Emerita

I forgot to mention on the thread heading that I'm more familiar with Kuala Lumpur and Melaka(Melacca), but I will try my best with the source available and personal experience on other places=)
I just added that to the title. Thank you for your help.

Carol
Community Director
Old Jun 13, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
If you are talking about fastest than it's definitely KLIA express + LRT, but if you are taking about cheapest then you might wanna take the shuttle bus from KLIA to KL sentral then take the LRT to the station near to your hotel. This is the link : http://www.klia.com.my/index.php?opt...=article&id=11

Or you can check out whether your hotel is in the list of this shuttle company which provide shuttle from/to KLIA directly to the hotel.
http://www.starwira.com/
Huge help! Thank you
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by jfh1107
In Penang:
...Georgetown is MUCH more interesting and a great area to stay.
Agreed. Great (street) food, interesting sights and a good place to venture out to other parts of the island.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:20 am
Original Poster

You're welcome. Regarding what time your should leave the hotel for your flight at 13:30. I think it's better for you to leave your hotel at 10:00 or latest by 10:30 maybe. KLIA is huge, you might take some time to locate yourself once getting in. There're a lot of shops, restaurants, fast food etc in the airport, so I guess you won't get bored=)

Do kindly report back about your experience getting transport from/to KLIA, it's highly appreciated=) Thanks=)

Regards=)

Originally Posted by CX828
Huge help! Thank you
Old Jun 15, 2012, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jfh1107
In Penang:
G Hotel on Gurney Drive or Yeng Keng Boutique hotel right in the heart of Georgetown. Georgetown is MUCH more interesting and a great area to stay.
I ended up in Banana Boutique nearby to Yeng Keng, in the heart of Georgetown. I'll get myself to the beach...
Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Hi dolphinyong, what a great site, can you tell me how you would get to the new Hyatt, I haven't been into KL for a couple of years. thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.