Search

Dual Thailand/Cambodia visa

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2012, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Dual Thailand/Cambodia visa

According to this article there will be a dual 60 day visa available for both countries. The article is, typically, scant of information but it will be nice to see how this shakes out.

Combined with the new BKK-REP/PNH bus routes it appears Hun Sen enjoys working with Thaksin, er, Yingluck Shinawatra.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: most of them
It's certainly better than shooting at each other.

The article mentions the single regional visa that has been discussed from time to time. I think that could certainly be a boost to tourism. I wonder how the visa fees get distributed under this new scheme. The article also is a little vague on the application process. Presumably you only need to apply in either one country or the other.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
The article mentions applying at either embassy (if I read it correctly) so this is a 60 day tourist visa (?) not an arrival visa nor visa exemption stamp. Also the tourist visa in Cambo is 30 days while in Thialand it's 60 days so clarification, as difficult as that might be, would be nice.

The regional visa would be the next step with this dual visa the beginning.

Again, more information is needed before the utility of this visa will be apparent. Superficially it is promising.

I'd certainly prefer if a long term visa in one country was accepted by the other but I'm treading in lala land with this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.