Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

What kind of visa process should I follow? Singapore - Hong Kong - Shanghai - LAX

What kind of visa process should I follow? Singapore - Hong Kong - Shanghai - LAX

Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

I'll be leaving Singapore on June 3rd and will be flying SIN-HKG-PVG-LAX within a single day (none of the stop overs are longer than a few hours). I know that I don't need a visa for transiting through China (PVG) or Hong Kong, but I did read that I will need to pay an endorsement if I stop in more than 1 Chinese airport before departing the country.

My question: will I need to pay the endorsement for HKG and PVG? Or are they still considered separate when it comes to this transit visa requirement? Are there any visa requirements that I am missing here?

Miscellaneous information:
I am a US citizen carrying a US passport
The layovers are 3 hours and 2 hours respectively, so I certainly will not be leaving the airport.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:04 am

You do not need a visa, don't worry.

HKG has separate immigration from the rest of China.

Also, even if you did need to leave the airport you can transit PVG for 48 hours without a visa.

Enjoy the trip

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.