Reload this Page >

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 7:05 am

I booked a room at the Remington (which was recently converted into a Holiday Inn Express. The hotel is easy to reach on foot via the skybridge from T3, and the rates are hard to beat. The rooms are quite small, but colorful. If you have any status at IHG, make sure to flout it at check-in to bypass the line, which was horrific when I arrived. Definitely avoid any tight connections in MNL, and prepare for traffic nightmares. A few miles can take a few hours. One pleasant surprise from my last trip was that it only took about 10-15 minutes to get from Pasay/MOA to T1 during the middle of the day thanks to the new toll expressway.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:27 am

Have a friend flying business class on PAL in November. All flights on PAL. As I can tell, as of now he's landing in T1 on PAL and has to transfer to T2. From the looks of it he'd have to go to immigration and then shuttle over to T2.

Does PAL do anything to assist business class passengers with this transfer? Transfer time is about 2 hours.

If the terminal reshuffle takes place in August as reported, am I right in thinking this transfer would not be needed and he'd just stay in T1?

Thanks,

Last edited by Teddy Ruxpin; Jul 25, 2018 at 11:36 am
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AF-KL Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Immigration Wait Times

Hey guys. Does anyone know or have any idea of how long the immigration wait times are in MNL Terminal 1? Arriving on the 17th of August at 14:05 with Malaysia Airlines.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by J343
Hey guys. Does anyone know or have any idea of how long the immigration wait times are in MNL Terminal 1? Arriving on the 17th of August at 14:05 with Malaysia Airlines.
​​​It all depends on which group you belong to. ASEAN? OFW? Foreign? Filipino? Filipino with foreign passport?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AF-KL Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by tentseller
​​​It all depends on which group you belong to. ASEAN? OFW? Foreign? Filipino? Filipino with foreign passport?
Foreign passport holder
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
In my recent experience processing times for foreign passport holders at MNL is pretty speedy: typically no more than 5-10 mins. No doubt it is possible to be unlucky of course, but usually it is fairly painless, both arriving and departing.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by LandMiler
I will land in T3 with NH and depart from T1 with TK in C class next week.
I have eight hours (1330 - 2145) and will go to Manila town area for sightseeing since it's the first time for me to get there.

My questions are...
  1. Can I check or leave luggage in T1?
  2. Which lounge is the best? I really want to take a shower.
    1. TG Royal Orchid Lounge
    2. Miascor Club
    3. PAGSS (Pagstop?)
    4. others?
  3. Any recommendations for sightseeing?
Many thanks in advance!
No shower or toilet in TG lounge. Toilet just outside lounge.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by J343
Foreign passport holder
T1 arrival hall is old, therefore there are only limited number of kiosk as opposed to T3. Your arrival time is not too ad compared to the night rush hour where >1hr is common.
T1 is also notorious for AirCon breakdowns.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Fee free ATM at Manila Airport

Is the ATM fee free for a local HSBC debit card ?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by Teddy Ruxpin
Have a friend flying business class on PAL in November. All flights on PAL. As I can tell, as of now he's landing in T1 on PAL and has to transfer to T2. From the looks of it he'd have to go to immigration and then shuttle over to T2.

Does PAL do anything to assist business class passengers with this transfer? Transfer time is about 2 hours.
PR offers a free airside shuttle service for its passengers between all three terminals. There is a transfer desk at MNL and he should be able to facilitate the transfer there.

If he's connecting to another international flight, he shouldn't need to go through immigration.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
I have a trip coming up where I connect SQ to UA in MNL. Is there a trick to stay in Terminal 3 and enjoy the SQ lounge, which according to reviews is superior to the TG lounge or the 3rd party lounge that UA uses ?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Alec84
I have a trip coming up where I connect SQ to UA in MNL. Is there a trick to stay in Terminal 3 and enjoy the SQ lounge, which according to reviews is superior to the TG lounge or the 3rd party lounge that UA uses ?
No. Arrivals and departures are on separate levels,, and lounges are not accessible from the arrivals level.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Alec84
Originally Posted by whughes3
No. Arrivals and departures are on separate levels,, and lounges are not accessible from the arrivals level.
When are you flying into MNL? If you're flying into MNL after October 28th, you won't need to switch terminals as UA is moving to Terminal 3, so that should make your transfer experience much more pleasant.

Aside from UA, TK, QR and QF are moving to Terminal 3 as well: QF is moving on the same day as UA, while QR is moving on December 1st. TK meanwhile will move to Terminal 3 by January 1, 2019.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Akiestar
When are you flying into MNL? If you're flying into MNL after October 28th, you won't need to switch terminals as UA is moving to Terminal 3, so that should make your transfer experience much more pleasant.

The SQ lounge closes too early to be any use to UA pax.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by whughes3
The SQ lounge closes too early to be any use to UA pax.
I would guess this may change once UA moves? Or not if UA decides to use the Pacific Lounge instead?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.