Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Old Aug 11, 2023, 7:49 pm

Programs: Mileageplus
Originally Posted by Davvidd
Nothing much to do once you get past immigration. Presume you are going to take PAL from T2 on a domestic flight?
yes…
Old Aug 12, 2023, 8:31 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by Nath36
yes…
Nothing much in T2 either on the domestic side. But as another member said the 6 hours is not worth getting a hotel close to the airport and they are ridiculously expensive too. Not worth it.
Unless you are flying business on the domestic sector there is virtually nothing there. If you are lucky you may be able to get a few seats together so you can lie down.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 1:38 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Basically in T3 or T2 you will just be sitting on a chair. If you do not want the cost of a hotel then there is the wings transit lounge which is a bit cheaper

https://jipang-group.com/thewings/
lsquare and FlitBen like this.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 6:55 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by Lobster
Basically in T3 or T2 you will just be sitting on a chair. If you do not want the cost of a hotel then there is the wings transit lounge which is a bit cheaper

https://jipang-group.com/thewings/
Please ignore - I read the webpage more fully.

Hi,

is the before or after security?

thanks

Last edited by jeffrocowboy; Aug 12, 2023 at 7:04 pm
Old Aug 12, 2023, 7:02 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by Davvidd
Nothing much in T2 either on the domestic side. But as another member said the 6 hours is not worth getting a hotel close to the airport and they are ridiculously expensive too. Not worth it.
Unless you are flying business on the domestic sector there is virtually nothing there. If you are lucky you may be able to get a few seats together so you can lie down.
we did a close by airbnb once for a transit layover of 8 hours - just grabbed a shower and a couple of hours sleep. Probably took a grab there. Pretty run down area - but house was OK and we are used to MNL conditions.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Is 3 hours enough to connect from international to domestic flight in Manila? I am thinking of booking BKK-MNL via Thai Airways, then MNL-CEB via Cebu Pacific. As of now, I believe both airlines operate out of terminal 3 in MNL. Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List
Originally Posted by opus2002
Is 3 hours enough to connect from international to domestic flight in Manila? I am thinking of booking BKK-MNL via Thai Airways, then MNL-CEB via Cebu Pacific. As of now, I believe both airlines operate out of terminal 3 in MNL. Thanks.
yes. after arrivals you'll just go left then up 1 level to domestic departures which is not physically separated
opus2002 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by BusinessElite25
yes. after arrivals you'll just go left then up 1 level to domestic departures which is not physically separated
Thanks. I am a little concern, as I need to get my luggage and check into Cebu Pacific. I need to go through immigration and customs too. How long is immigration and customs in Manila?
Old Aug 29, 2023, 6:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
I have seen it be fast and slow I would say you should make it.
kevino and opus2002 like this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by opus2002
Thanks. I am a little concern, as I need to get my luggage and check into Cebu Pacific. I need to go through immigration and customs too. How long is immigration and customs in Manila?
if your Thai flight is late in - have a plan B in case you miss your next flight
opus2002 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by BusinessElite25
The Cebu Pacific check-in queues can be long. Would suggest you always buy their flexible/changeable tickets. I have heard from friends how Cebu have been delayed/late/abandoned passengers. They are a low cost airline and you would be best served by having a good backup plan. Depending on your time of arrival you may find Immigration empty or with long queues. It really does depend on a little bit of luck.
Good luck.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 3:00 am

Hi all,

I have an upcoming flight Doha-Manila-Taipei, both arrival and departure are from T1. I am trying to understand the process when I arrive in Manila regarding transfer and baggage. I called PR and they said I will need to do something with my baggage in Manila, but not sure what this entails? I am also travelling with an infant, and wanted to see if I can get the stroller back in Manila airport or if it will be checked through to Taipei?
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by jah718
Hi all,

I have an upcoming flight Doha-Manila-Taipei, both arrival and departure are from T1. I am trying to understand the process when I arrive in Manila regarding transfer and baggage. I called PR and they said I will need to do something with my baggage in Manila, but not sure what this entails? I am also travelling with an infant, and wanted to see if I can get the stroller back in Manila airport or if it will be checked through to Taipei?
Regarding the stroller, you can do either. Just tell the check-in agent in DOH that you want to retrieve the stroller right after getting off the plane in MNL. Be warned that this may take some time in MNL.
jah718 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I hace a similar situation, but DOH-MNL-HKG on the same ticket. I’m assuming it’s all in one terminal, but was surprised to see that Japan Airlines and their nice, petite lounge is in a different terminal. Was hoping to use it; contract lounges are blah at MNL
Old Sep 18, 2023, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by yannix
Regarding the stroller, you can do either. Just tell the check-in agent in DOH that you want to retrieve the stroller right after getting off the plane in MNL. Be warned that this may take some time in MNL.
Okay, thanks, good to know. Debating whether it's a better option to just check it through or ask to pick it up. Always want to avoid trouble as much as possible at MNL!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.