Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:49 pm

Programs: DL/UA
yeah its the EDSA traffic thats gonna kill you.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Fee free ATMs at Manila airport

Does fee-free ATMs for foreign debit Mastercard exist at MNL (T3 ideally but willing to take free shuttle to other terminals)? If so, which banks do these ATM belong to? From my preliminary research it seems all ATMs at MNL are domestic banks (ie no Citi or HSBC)... Is this right?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
The only fee-free ATM's (for foreign cards) in the Philippines that I am aware of are those operated by HSBC; there are currently none of these at any terminal at MNL. So unfortunately you are stuck with a maximum wirhdrawal of P10K at a time with a P200 fee for each. Not very nice...
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by whughes3
[...] maximum wirhdrawal of P10K at a time with a P200 fee for each
That's an unfortunate development. It's been a couple of years since I last visited the Philippines, and I don't recall being charged any Thailand-style ATM fees at the time.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by ProleOnParole
That's an unfortunate development. It's been a couple of years since I last visited the Philippines, and I don't recall being charged any Thailand-style ATM fees at the time.
It is indeed a relatively recent change; prior to that most banks offered higher withdrawal limits and no (visible) fees.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:41 am

there's a Citibank atm in terminal 3 in the departures hall at the rear on the right side as you enter
Old Jul 15, 2016, 2:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Great, thanks for the info. Does that Citi ATM charge US-issued debit card (HSBC in my case) a withdrawal fee?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 10:05 am

no.all citi and hsbc free of local Philippine 200 peso charge
Old Jul 16, 2016, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by nietoce
no.all citi and hsbc free of local Philippine 200 peso charge
Are you sure about Citi ATM's? I seem to recall trying one a while ago (with a non-Citi card) and finding it charged the fee, although it did allow getting more than P10K at a time.

Last edited by whughes3; Jul 16, 2016 at 10:21 pm Reason: Typos
Old Jul 16, 2016, 1:53 pm

my bad.you could be right.i only use hsbc in manila.i use Citi in Bangkok which are free of the thaibanksters fee and assumed it was the same for manila
Old Aug 6, 2016, 5:20 am

Bump: looks like it's been 5 years since the last thread about airport lounges in T1.

I will have the misfortune of spending a few hours here next week, with no airline lounge access. I gather all the paid lounge options are bad, but what's least bad? So far the MIASCOR lounge at PHP 800 a pop (~US$17) seems to be the winner, but I'm totally open to Starbucks etc as an alternative.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 1:23 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Was there just a month ago - all of the shared/paid lounges in T1 are bad. Tiny, with barely functional Wi-Fi and mediocre food . Same thing as 5 years ago basically.

Haven't tried any of the dedicated lounges (JL and SQ if I am not mistaken?).

I would suggest Starbucks .

Originally Posted by jpatokal
Bump: looks like it's been 5 years since the last thread about airport lounges in T1.

I will have the misfortune of spending a few hours here next week, with no airline lounge access. I gather all the paid lounge options are bad, but what's least bad? So far the MIASCOR lounge at PHP 800 a pop (~US$17) seems to be the winner, but I'm totally open to Starbucks etc as an alternative.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 6:58 pm

The former SQ lounge has now been re-styled as the "PAGSS lounge" and is available for pay-per-use (SQ has moved to T3). I don't think there is a Starbucks at T1.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by whughes3
The former SQ lounge has now been re-styled as the "PAGSS lounge" and is available for pay-per-use (SQ has moved to T3). I don't think there is a Starbucks at T1.
IIRC, there is now a Starbucks in the transit area.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Since the major move by many intl carriers to T3 their old lounge space has been taken over by locally run operations to a more regional specification.

Last two departures from T1 I did not spend any of my hard earned money on any of these lounges.

Yes there is a SBUX in departure area of MNL T1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.