Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Old Dec 3, 14, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA Platinum
Manila airport transfer between terminals

In the past, when I have transferred between two terminals at Manila NAIA airport, I have had to go out to the curb and get the shuttle bus (which goes on the outside roads in heavy traffic) or get a taxi.  This was not the case very recently.  I arrived T3 and needed to transit to T2.  There is a new transfer area that is well hidden, but very useful.  You go there, show your itinerary, and go through x-ray, then you get on a van that stays INSIDE THE RAMP AREA of the airport all the way to T2.  At T2, it pulls out of the secure area and drops you off at normal departures.  This saves LOTS of time because there is no traffic. 

To get to this new transit area, walk out of baggage claim and turn LEFT, then walk all the way to the end of the arrival hall, then turn left again and you will start to see signs saying "Transit for terminal 2". The person I spoke to said you can go to the same area in T3 to transit to T1, but the signs for T1 transit are not up yet. Just have your passport and printed itinerary.  I saw some passengers get on the van to T1. 
Old Dec 3, 14, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA Platinum
I updated the transit info on the thread below. As of now, there is a way for international to international transit passengers to avoid paying the terminal fee even if they enter the Philippines. Also, there is a faster way to transit between terminals that stays in the airport ramp area.

Transfer between NAIA terminals
Please check out this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...terminals.html
Old Dec 3, 14, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler View Post
There are some new procedures in place at Manila Airport that I personally witnessed in the last few days.

The first is that transit passengers do NOT have to pay the P550 Terminal Fee in cash, even if they clear immigration, claim their luggage and proceed to the check-in counter of their departing airline...
Excellent news! Having to pay the P550 fee if you were just transiting for a few hours was ridiculous. So glad they have remediated this. Thanks for the update!
Old Dec 4, 14, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler View Post
I updated the transit info on the thread below. As of now, there is a way for international to international transit passengers to avoid paying the terminal fee even if they enter the Philippines. Also, there is a faster way to transit between terminals that stays in the airport ramp area.

Transfer between NAIA terminals
Please check out this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...terminals.html

Thank you.
Here's a link to the transit post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23938499-post77.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23938515-post78.html
Old Dec 12, 14, 1:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, DL
New free internal transit transportation from T3 to T1 bypassing all outside traffic. Quick 5 minutes transfer. Used this mode Dec 6th. from Boracay on PAL.
Old Dec 15, 14, 2:09 pm

Programs: 75K AS, IHG
Question for the gurus here. I arrive at 11:30 pm to T1. My friend arrives at 4 am to T2. We both have a 7:30 am flight at T4.

Question is how should we meet up?
1) Is there a place for me to wait at T2 for my friend to arrive so we can taxi/transfer together?
2) Is there a place for me to wait at T4 or otherwise avoiding paying $60 for 4-5 hours at the Remington hotel?

Thanks.
Old Dec 16, 14, 5:11 pm

Programs: 75K AS, IHG
Are these lounges all airside?
Old Dec 23, 14, 2:35 pm

The City of Dreams Manila shuttle has pick-up locations from T1 and T2. I'll be arriving T3 on PAL at 2:15p. Can I pay P20 to take the shuttle from T3 to T1 or T2?

The next day I have a CX flight to HKG at 11:00a (>24 hrs from my PAL flight), do I still have to pay the P550 terminal fee?

Thanks!
Old Dec 23, 14, 4:42 pm

Programs: CX Silver, QFF Bronze, Mabuhay Miles
Originally Posted by thqu60 View Post
The City of Dreams Manila shuttle has pick-up locations from T1 and T2. I'll be arriving T3 on PAL at 2:15p. Can I pay P20 to take the shuttle from T3 to T1 or T2?

The next day I have a CX flight to HKG at 11:00a (>24 hrs from my PAL flight), do I still have to pay the P550 terminal fee?

Thanks!
You meant to pay P20 to get to T1 or T2 then get the free shuttle? This will take a fair amount of time - in Manila, things happen when they happen and sometimes even slower. City of Dreams isn't too far from T3, just get a taxi. Maybe P150? Am surprised that they don't have a pickup from T3 as more and more international flights are arriving/departing there. Anyway, taxi will be cheap and convenient.

Are you flying international to international? From what I have read, then yes. Present your boarding pass at the terminal fee counter.
Old Dec 23, 14, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
You meant to pay P20 to get to T1 or T2 then get the free shuttle? This will take a fair amount of time - in Manila, things happen when they happen and sometimes even slower. City of Dreams isn't too far from T3, just get a taxi. Maybe P150? Am surprised that they don't have a pickup from T3 as more and more international flights are arriving/departing there. Anyway, taxi will be cheap and convenient.

Are you flying international to international? From what I have read, then yes. Present your boarding pass at the terminal fee counter.
I'm afraid that waiting for a taxi and with horrendous traffic, it will take the same amount of time as taking the shuttle.

I'm flying from Caticlan to MNL then the next day from MNL to HKG.
Old Dec 25, 14, 6:00 am

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
I just landed in terminal two and walked to terminal one. There were no issues, no cracked sidewalks no one (but taxis) giving me a second glance. I'll put up a link to a guide in pictures soon. Walked at 6:30 local time minimal traffic on xmas day.

From terminal two departures level you can see terminal one the bright building to the left. Walk on the left side of the road to the end. They let me in terminal 1'at 7pm despite my flight not leaving until 5:10 am the following morning.
Old Dec 25, 14, 9:56 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport

Manila Aquino airport just got voted 4th worst airport in the world. Funny, I never thought it quite that bad. I would rather spend time in Manila Aquino then Denver airport, which is more boring to me.
Old Jan 2, 15, 10:50 am

Ongoing renovation at MNL Terminal 1

Renovation work ongoing at MNL airport Terminal 1 (both at arrivals and departure areas). However, some things haven't changed like the lines...

Gate 1 is a bit hard to find.

Old Jan 2, 15, 10:53 am

Ongoing renovation at MNL Terminal 1

Most of the local souvenir shops are closed, so do your shopping for these outside.

Shops selling imported cosmetics and perfumes are open, as well as a luxurious-looking liquor shop.

Some food stalls, and a new starbucks (yay!) are open.

Old Jan 2, 15, 10:55 am

MNL Terminal 1: New PAGSS Lounge

The new PAGSS lounge takes the space used by both the first class and business class sections of the old SQ lounge

Food and beverage selections seem to be more limited than the old SQ lounge, as well as compared to the old PAGSS lounge.

Free wifi with a password posted here and there in the lounge

Anyone can walk in by paying an entrance fee of USD20, or the equivalent in PHP (approx.900PHP at time of writing)

Last edited by KIXman; Jan 2, 15 at 11:08 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: