Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
All arrival immigration at MNL T1, T2, and T3 have APEC lane. It is fast immigration, even by Filipino standards.
Old May 29, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by -Kris-
Anyone got some information on "the fast lane" immigration (w/ waiver) in terminal 2?
My last trip through Terminal 2 departure immigration 4 weeks ago they DID have a Fast Track immigration lane I had not noted before. It was for PR business class and PR Elites. Fast Track service is noted on PR boarding passes to denote lounge access and priority boarding so I assume it also defines who qualifies for the fast track immigration. I didn't notice it on arrival immigration but wasn't looking and didn't have to wait so it could have been there and I missed it. This is a line completely separate from APEC. It was indeed fast though even the normal line looked quick.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:07 pm

Does anyone know if fast track is also avaible in T1? I find T2/T3 immigration lines to be a lot bearable compared to T1.
Old May 30, 2014, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes as of March 2014. But it is Manila.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Went through Terminal 1 today and did not see a new Fast Track immigration lane like the one in Terminal 2. Other than the ordinary APEC/Diplomat/Wheelchair lane which has always been there.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 11:46 am

Airport Tax

Do we still have to pay the 550PHP for airport tax at the airport? It's not included in the ticket price?

Also.. about showing your itinerary at airport entrance.

We have one of those 16 segment trips, can we just show our scheduled flights off of the printed itinerary/flight schedule?

Thanks.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport

You have to pay the fee when departing the country. A printed Itinerary will be fine.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
Went through Terminal 1 today and did not see a new Fast Track immigration lane like the one in Terminal 2. Other than the ordinary APEC/Diplomat/Wheelchair lane which has always been there.
Thanks for the info. I was hoping I could show up a little later than usual.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by zznoname
Also.. about showing your itinerary at airport entrance.

We have one of those 16 segment trips, can we just show our scheduled flights off of the printed itinerary/flight schedule?

Thanks.
1 segment will be fine. There's a decent chance they might not even ask to see it especially if you don't look like a local.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:18 am

International-to-international connecting flight in Manila

Hi,

I am planning on booking a flight from Hong Kong to San Francisco, and Philippine Airlines advertises a flight with a 2h20min connection in Manila - both arriving and leaving from Terminal 2 (arriving 20:10, leaving 22:30). I had a few questions I was hoping some knowledgeable people could shed some light on:

1) With a through-ticket, would 2h20min be enough time to make the connection?
2) Do they try to maintain the advertised connection (e.g. if arriving flight is a little late and they know it will arrive soon), or will the departing flight just leave when it's time?
3) If you miss your connecting flight, do they put you on the next flight? (presumably 24 hours later)
4) Do you have to clear customs or can you go straight to your next gate?
5) Do your bags get checked through automatically or do you collect them? Do you have to go through security again?
6) Do you have to pay the Manila terminal fee? (and, more importantly, spend time to do so!)

Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to decide how risky it is to do this - thanks a lot!

Greg
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two comments:
  • You are flying Philippine airlines.
  • Philippine airline and airports tends to do things the Filipino way.

You are from HK so you should know each region in SE Asia does things their own way.

Is there that much of a savings over flying a HK, Japanese or American airline?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:25 pm

I looking at one way flights, and most airlines don't sell them (or they cost the same as a return). So my options, in ascending price order, are PAL with 2h20min layover in Manila, Air China with 1h45min layover in Beijing, or China Airlines with 1h50min in Taipei. Anything else and the price shoots up.

Which one would you pick?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
If you haven't already done so, you might want to take a look at this thread:
It may contain answers to most of your questions.

I'll let this thread stand for a bit before I merge it into the consolidated thread.

Good luck!

~Moderator
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
A friend took an almost identical itin (replace HKG with BKK - $610 o/w) some 10 days ago and I haven't heard from him since.

True story.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 441211
I looking at one way flights, and most airlines don't sell them (or they cost the same as a return). So my options, in ascending price order, are PAL with 2h20min layover in Manila, Air China with 1h45min layover in Beijing, or China Airlines with 1h50min in Taipei. Anything else and the price shoots up.

Which one would you pick?
Order of airport to transit without monetary consideration, best to worse: TPE > PEK > MNL.

I have not flown TPAC with any of the airlines you are considering. Base on SE Asian regional service CI > CA > PR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.