Wiki Posts
Search

Colombo Airport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Colombo Airport

I have to spend approx. 11 hours in Colombo airport, during the first 8 of which I will have no lounge access. I was weighing the prospect of remaining in the airport (air side) and not clearing immigration and customs. Does anyone know whether the airport has (a) a public restaurant where one can get a meal and spend some time and (b) there is any free public wi-fi?

Alternatively does anyone have other worthwhile suggestions? I've been to Colombo many times and did not feel like making the trek into town (1+ hours each way in a hot taxi), with hand-luggage in tow.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FedUp2
I have to spend approx. 11 hours in Colombo airport, during the first 8 of which I will have no lounge access. I was weighing the prospect of remaining in the airport (air side) and not clearing immigration and customs. Does anyone know whether the airport has (a) a public restaurant where one can get a meal and spend some time and (b) there is any free public wi-fi?

Alternatively does anyone have other worthwhile suggestions? I've been to Colombo many times and did not feel like making the trek into town (1+ hours each way in a hot taxi), with hand-luggage in tow.
I just returned from CMB a couple of weeks ago and there are definitely public restaurants. According to this page, there is wifi at CMB, although I cannot vouch for it personally since I had lounge access.

In lieu of schlepping into Colombo, perhaps it might make sense just to saunter over to the much closer Negombo and wander around there for a while? I think there might be a luggage store facility available as well.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A day room here would seem the best idea

http://www.jetwinghotels.com/jetwingbeach/

The public wifi at CMB is painfully slow.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
for the 11 hours in the transit you can go to colombo city

have a nice time or even you go to a resrort hotel in the negambo area 5 km from the airport beautifull beaches a d delicious food very very cheap
I advice you can take advantage of it ask for more info in the information counter they have shuttle bus to the hotel free of charge of cos . if you are holding a western passport you dont need any fees to go out of the airport
free of charge
be aware at tihis time tempreture with humidity about 40 degree celcius.
if you like hot. enjoy..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.